on ebay, you can rebody your entire iphone to factory new condition. You can have your 1st gen iphone in perfect condition with full housing replacement. Nice work on phones!
    2009-03-03 03:55 AM
    Hell, if I had some pocket money to dish out, I would do that to my iPod ( ).
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!
    2009-03-03 04:08 AM
    now your selling me the blue one right? :-D
    2009-03-03 11:56 AM
    or silver or white, gold , black
    2009-03-03 12:01 PM
    it seems ecaseshop has some PHP-related problems..... at least I cannot browse their page

btw: is there somebody who has experiences with those housings from ebay? the sellers are all siiting in china, Hong Kong and what so ever.

disassembly of iPhone 2G is pretty easy... finding housings (from reliable source) is not
    2009-03-03 12:21 PM
    Both of those look sweet. The orange one looks to have a chip or bubble on the corner though. For taking apart the 3G, here's a site that I have found:iPhone 3G

Edit: fattyindoors, the link that you gave don't work.
    Last edited by johndoe25; 2009-03-03 at 06:28 PM.
    2009-03-03 06:24 PM
    Thanks fatty

UK sounds much better to me...... and is much closer to germany, so delivery won't take ages (hopefully ^^)

hmm, johndoe is right
    Last edited by Kolossus; 2009-03-03 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I'd rather be rich, than pretty...... but I wasn't asked
    2009-03-03 07:09 PM
    All of the housings are made in Hong Kong/China. They are all the same quality, I would call 8/10 from oem.

And you'll have no problems ordering from ebay...aside from a slow delivery.
    2009-03-04 02:15 AM
    ^^ Hey CPJR, I recieved my aftermarket housing today from hong kong, but I'm mad that the metal apple logo doesnt look right at all. but I think i still wanna send it to you to get pimped, just not sure if i should look for an exact OEM one first because I want it to look perfect, LOL
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 
    2009-07-15 02:17 AM
    ^Yeah just like anything aftermarket, never as good as oem. Are you wanting it painted?? Or just installed? Cause the mirror finish wont come through after painted anyways.
    2009-07-15 02:57 AM
    ^^hmmm, it won't? why is that? I guess if thats the case then I might as well just send you the one I got then. It just looks wierd. I guess i was judging by the pics on here but those are the ones bought from ebay. the pics you posted on the threads in your sig, the orange one in specific looked like it still had the mirror finish
    2009-07-15 03:12 AM
    ^^hmmm, it won't? why is that? I guess if thats the case then I might as well just send you the one I got then. It just looks wierd. I guess i was judging by the pics on here but those are the ones bought from ebay. the pics you posted on the threads in your sig, the orange one in specific looked like it still had the mirror finish
    The orange one I sprayed actually has a silver pearl apple logo I sprayed on. It looks kinda like oem in the pics, but its not.

And of course some of the other ones are the aftermarket colored cases.

There's no way to "paint" a mirror finish on Ive got a buddy that does screen printing and stuff, I wanna get with him when I get some free time and see if he can make some mirror finish looking apple logo's I can put on the housing before I apply the clear coat...that would make it look oem.
    2009-07-15 03:17 AM
    2009-07-15 03:24 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD