User Tag List

Alright so last night/this morning I wound up restoring my phone. When I went to unlock it via quickpwn, everything went smooth until the very where it then said "iPhone has booted in the wrong mode blah blah blah". Restarted quickpwn 3 times, all did the same. So now I go to do a fresh restore, and when I plug it in in either restore or DFU mode (its happening on both), iTunes goes "The iPhone software update server could not be contacted". I ended iTunes helper, restarted iTunes twice, rebooted my computer, and still the same ****.

Any ideas? I'm so close to just selling this damn thing and getting a iTouch since my contract just expired and I'm currently unemployed.
    2009-02-27 01:10 AM
    "The iphone update server could not be contacted" means either your computer isnt getting an internet (has to connect) connection or the server is down (unlikely, but possible).

And the quickpwn error probably means you didnt actually get it into DFU mode.
    2009-02-27 01:17 AM
    "The iphone update server could not be contacted" means either your computer isnt getting an internet (has to connect) connection or the server is down (unlikely, but possible).

And the quickpwn error probably means you didnt actually get it into DFU mode.
    My computer has internet, because I'm doing this from it right now.

As for quickpwn, when I get the phone into DFU mode, quickpwn uploads the exploit bootloader, and then uploads the image, then when its uploading the ramdisk it has the status bar, and when its, I'd say 98% complete it then gives me that error.

EDIT:: iTunes IS connecting to the iTunes store, so it has internet connection. But its still giving me the same error.
    Last edited by DeshiKicksFTP; 2009-02-27 at 01:25 AM.
    2009-02-27 01:22 AM
    ^Ohhh, I see what your saying. Crap, and i've seen that error before...im gonna have to think on it cause I cant remember what caused it now, at the moment.
    2009-02-27 01:30 AM
    ^Ohhh, I see what your saying. Crap, and i've seen that error before...im gonna have to think on it cause I cant remember what caused it now, at the moment.
    I'm gonna go try to do it on another computer and see what happens. QuickPwn is refusing to cooperate now.
    2009-02-27 02:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD