obviously, im new to my iphone. i installed the itunes program, and registered. i have been using all week no problems. this morining, none of my apps work! well, the only apps that work are the ones that were installed with the iphone (the ones you can't delete). the only thing i can think of is last night, when i disconnected the phone from the pc (yes, i hav a pc ), i didn't "safely disconnect". i just unplugged it. since then, i connected, and "safely disconnected" and apps still do not work. any suggestions?

oh, and what's 2G??? do i have a 2G? lol i know i have 3G!

this is the error message i get when i hook my iphone to the pc, itunes program tells me this;

"some of the purchased items on the phone, including "wikipanion" could not be transferred to your itunes library because you are not authorized to play them on this computer

to authorize this computer for items purchased from the itunes store, choose Store>Authorize Computer."

i do as it says, and it says my computer is already authorized.
    Last edited by blugrassboy; 2009-02-27 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-02-27 02:43 AM
    are these LEGIT apps...?
    2009-02-27 03:20 AM
    sign into itunes on your computer. then go up to the top and select store>authorize computer. then sync your phone. also open up itunes on your phone and log in
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2009-02-27 03:47 AM
    yes, these are legit apps. they are the free apps i downloaded through the App Store.

also, i did what you said cricket, and i still have the same problem. i get the same error message i posted above. and it keeps telling me my computer is authorized....
    2009-02-27 04:04 AM
    have you signed into itunes on the device? open up the appstore and just download anything. put in your credentials. then try to run an app. i had the same issue and this is how i fixed it. your issue may be different
    2009-02-27 04:05 AM
    im not ure what u mean by "credentials", but i did sign into app store and downloaded a game. game loaded and works fine, but old apps still d not work. if i restore iphone to original settings through itunes program on pc, will i lose all my apps? do you think it will fix problem?
    2009-02-27 04:22 AM
    i dont even know honestly. you would most likely have to download every app again from the appstore on your phone. if they arent authorized now...they wont be after a restore. i am out of sugestions on this one. it seems to be an error with authorizing your phone and itunes
    2009-02-27 04:25 AM
    is this something my att&t store can fix? or WILL they fix it? or is it like a microsoft product and "once you buy it, you're on your own"......

(thanks for all your help btw)
    2009-02-27 04:42 AM
    Usually....its easiest just to restore the phone. You can deauthorize the PC and then reauthorize and it should be just fine. Or, double check your account info for Itunes.

But restoring the phone will get everything in line....and you can sync the apps back afterwards.
    2009-02-27 04:46 AM
    is this something my att&t store can fix? or WILL they fix it? or is it like a microsoft product and "once you buy it, you're on your own"......

(thanks for all your help btw)
    if you buy microsoft retail you get 90 days of unlimited support. i know. im working right now dont but OEM.
    2009-02-27 04:49 AM
    okay, i will try some things. will let you know tomorrow how it goes. thanks for your help!!
    2009-02-27 05:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD