Hi people. First post!

So I just installed FindMyI...

My question is this: Has anyone actually used a service like FindMyI to track down a stolen iPhone and have the phone returned to them?

I'm sure the software itself works fine and will give you a fairly accurate location, but has anyone forwarded this information to the police/local heavies and had something done about it?

The reason I ask is that here in London, I very much doubt the police would care enough to go get it back for you. A friend of mine had his bike stolen recently. He found it for sale in a classified ad, arranged to meet the seller, then called the police to say he'd caught the criminal! What was their response? "Sorry mate, too risky for us to send an officer out". He ended up buying his own bike back!
    Since when is fighting crime too risky for the po po?

So yeah, anyone heard of any happy endings?
    Last edited by mister k; 2009-03-01 at 07:27 PM.
    2009-03-01 07:12 PM
    I have not heard of a success story yet.... "To risky to send an officer out" wow thats crazy....
    2009-03-01 08:50 PM
    My phone has actually been stolen twice and I've got it back...but i didn't have any of those programs! Just good old fashion luck
    2009-03-01 08:53 PM
    luck must be on your side then mak!

@ceelo: yeah, the police here just aren't really bothered about theft and theft is really bad here as a result.
    people openly sell stolen goods on the street without too many repercussions. the situation is a joke!
    2009-03-01 09:54 PM
    good thread, I too am interested to hear?
    The local heavies would be a better option than the police in London
    2009-03-01 10:35 PM
    I thought i lost my phone once and used it to find out it was under my car seat.
    2009-06-30 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD