I have a friend at school that broke the screen on her phone. How about can she go and get a new one? The warranty from apple doesn't cover accidental damage so she can't get one from them. A refurbished one from AT&T requires a plan. Is there a way of obtaining a refurbished one because she doesn't want to pay a lot of money for a new one?
    2009-03-04 04:47 AM
    Naw, its either fixing hers....or finding one on ebay or craigslist.
    2009-03-04 04:51 AM
    you can fix a scren easy just find a replacement
    2009-03-04 06:01 AM
    Its a fairly easy swap....depending on what she broke and if its a 2g or 3g.

Cause if its a 2g, you gotta buy the entire screen assembly which is gonna run yeah about $160. Alot for a part.
    2009-03-04 06:25 AM
    Apple Protection Plans don't cover accidental damage...which includes water, but certainly isn't limited to it.
    You dropped phone.your freind is gona have to get the screen fix.
    2009-03-04 04:39 PM
    It's her phone not mine, but I'm just helping her out cause she doesnt really know what to do. She has a 3G. Where is the best place to find the replacement screen and how hard is it to replace?
    2009-03-05 02:42 AM
    Ebay is the cheapest for all parts.

If its the glass/digitizer (part that makes it a touch screen) thats broke, you can pick that up from ebay for around $30 and etechparts.com has the adhesive needed to apply it for $6.

If the LCD is broken, it will run her around $85 or so on ebay for that part.
    2009-03-05 03:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD