Hey folks. Having lost my job because of our bad economy, I've found myself with too much free time. My free time has given birth to a creation that should never have existed - The Virtual iPhone. I invite you all to follow the below link to gaze in wonder at one of the worlds greatest wastes of time and ask "why?". Because my javascript is abit crude, I only wrote with consideration towards Internet Explorer's loose non-standards standards. If you are currently using FF or Chrome or Safari or whatever, please copy the link into your IE or it won't. I ask that you take your time to enjoy my creation. Double tap the home button from the lockscreen to see the iPod controls appear. Adjust the volume. Slide the "slide to unlock" slider only partially and then marvel as it slides back. I know you will appreciate my springboard icon "spring" animation as well as my app launching animation. Flick the springboard icons from page 1 to page 2 and then back again. Hit the Safari icon. Touch the Address or Search field and watch the familiar top bar adjustment animation flow. Open up PapiJump and play a quick game. Currently Safari and Papi are the only working apps and, as you'll see, my PapiJump blows. But I think any diehard iPhone fans will appreciate the subtle measures I took to simulate the iPhone experience. Give it a few seconds to load as it is a graphically robust beast. Thank you and please let me know what you think. Feel free to use words like "artist", "genius", "lifechanging" or "religious experience".

http://thepublicsdomain.com/VirtualiPhone.aspx

Last edited by ThePublicsDomain; 2009-03-11 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Added youtube demo for folks without IE
    2009-03-10 09:15 PM
    It's OK but I'm having trouble making a call on it....

OK, I'm now typing this in Safari on a virtual iPhone - does that mean this is the first virtual post?
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-03-10 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-03-10 11:01 PM
    Thank you. You must be in a poor coverage area. How many bars do you have?

It's OK but I'm having trouble making a call on it....

OK, I'm now typing this in Safari on a virtual iPhone - does that mean this is the first virtual post?
    Ha! You would be the first. My virtual browser isn't the easiest to use. Did you try the keyboard though? I did a pretty good job on that.
    Last edited by ThePublicsDomain; 2009-03-10 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-03-10 11:04 PM
    Sory, can't talk now. To busy playing Papi Jump.

You must be mad to create this.

I love it
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-03-10 11:11 PM
    Thank you!! My PapiJump is REALLY terrible. Ha! I am mad. My family pretty much disowned me.
    2009-03-10 11:20 PM
    Your Papijump can't be as bad as mine - I've just got it from the app store - I'd not seen it before.

This is a great app to show prospective employers - except they'd be to busy playing with it to offer you a job!

Hope you find something soon.
    2009-03-10 11:40 PM
    Sorry about your job my man. But you sir, are a Bud Light real man of genius. Thats pretty awesome. Good luck in your search for a lucrative occupation!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista
    2009-03-11 08:15 AM
    Thank you, Grassmasta. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. I wish I knew how to do something with computers that I could actually get paid for but this is the extent of my knowledge. Thanks for your interest in my creation. It took ALOT of pointless effort to make. I did it for my own entertainment but I'm really glad to see that other people appreciate it too.
    2009-03-11 08:33 AM
    It took ALOT of pointless effort to make.
    Effort is never pointless if it brings a smile to someone else's face
    2009-03-11 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD