Greetings. I have 3 questions i would like answered, if you have any spare time and are knowledgeable of my issues.

1.Hi.

I am using WinHttrack to save pages for offline viewing.

However, as of now I don't have a service plan with my iphone and I would like to be able to view those web pages while I'm riding the bus or while I'm at a friends house while they're wasting their time looking at Jerry springer shows n crap.

I do not want to use the iwebsaver thing... I would like to be able to use Winscp to manually drag and drop the saved website into the appropriate folder. Can this be accomplished?

-----

Question 2: I would love to be able to use this iTap for iphone but The itap receiver never registers my iphone (never appears)

My cable modem is behind a wireless TP-Link router and I have disabled the firewall on it (temp) plus windows firewall. ( I have no third party firewall software). Yes, my iPhone is using the TP-Link wireless to connect to the internet whenever i'm home.

I am using Iphone firmware 2.1 and it is not 3G version.

Windows XP Pro SP3
    Iphone 2.1 firmware.
    TP-Link Model-TL-WR340GD

a wireless touchpad would be so awesome but it seems like my router is blocking it.. I've tried to disable its firewall (temp) and i even disabled the security on the router allowing open free access (temp). Dont work. don't know whats going on.

---------------

3.I also like to read a lot, and carrying a bookbag full of books is not ideal to me in this day and age, when books can be electronically read.

In this case I have read about, and installed *stanza*. I have a large collection of ebooks and also like to read them on the go. However, when i launch stanza, load my own book, then then load the iphone app, it *SEES* my computer, but it can never connect to it. it always *times out* . I suspect it to be the Router.

Can anyone help?
    Last edited by Donnyten; 2009-03-11 at 03:39 PM.
    2009-03-11 03:37 PM
    As to the first question I don't know, but to the second, make sure your using port 22 to connect, not port 21. Also, check your router to see that you have port 22 open for incoming and outgoing connections.

Gives thanks...Do you?
    2009-03-11 03:51 PM
    interesting it worked.

Thanks..
    Last edited by Donnyten; 2009-03-11 at 06:51 PM.
    2009-03-11 06:44 PM
    I guess that means I knew what I was talking about...

You can show you appreciate it by tapping that "Thanks" button if you want.

Gives thanks...Do you?
    2009-03-11 07:12 PM
    1 down, two to go.

Still can't seem to get itap and the iphone to work..

any more takers>?

On the site it says "iTap needs to be able to receive UDP packets on port 12455". Do I need to add a port triggering entry for my router?

i mean my iphone doesn't even appear on the Itap receiver
    Last edited by Donnyten; 2009-03-11 at 09:12 PM.
    2009-03-11 09:09 PM
    1 down, two to go.

Still can't seem to get itap and the iphone to work..

any more takers>?

On the site it says "iTap needs to be able to receive UDP packets on port 12455". Do I need to add a port triggering entry for my router?

i mean my iphone doesn't even appear on the Itap receiver
    Oh try this... I have an airport so I don't know it will work but,

in your web browser type http://192.168.1.1
    (this is your default router IP address)
    User name and password should be admin
    (unless you changed it)
    Once your in there should be a port forwarding option. From here you can open port 12455 which is what iTap is using.

You can also try to enable UPnP which could be blocking the iTap application. This is disabled by default. Enable, and hit refresh. Then try iTap.

let me know if any of this was of use to you.
    Last edited by stereosympathy; 2009-03-11 at 10:50 PM. Reason: I spell like garbage sometimes...

Gives thanks...Do you?
    2009-03-11 10:49 PM
    UPnp seem to not work.

I also added the port under forwarding-virtual servers- where i added port 22 which allowed me to use stanza.
    i added12455 type- UP.

Still doesnt work I don't get it.
    2009-03-11 11:25 PM
    Then I don't know where the trouble is. You could try this port checking tool to see if port 12455 is indeed open. After that I have exhausted my limited knowledge of PC routers.

Open Port Check Tool

Gives thanks...Do you?
    2009-03-11 11:48 PM
    hmm..

Error: I could not see your service on **.***.*.** on port (12455)
    Reason: Connection timed out
    2009-03-12 03:06 AM
    hmm..

Error: I could not see your service on **.***.*.** on port (12455)
    Reason: Connection timed out
    That usually means that either your ISP is blocking it (it is an external link connecting to your computer) or that your router is blocking it, I think that is more likely. I opened port 12455 on my airport to test and I got "connection open" so I really don't know what else to tell you. Did you power cycle your router after opening the ports?

Gives thanks...Do you?
    2009-03-12 04:33 AM
    not when I added 22.

I will try.

Also, There are other options aside under the forwarding branch. such as, Virtual servers * where I configured 22+ tried 12455*, *Port triggering*, * DMZ*, and UpnP *Tried didnt work*.

You think port triggering may play a role in any of this?
    2009-03-12 05:13 AM
    It definitely could. But that raises another question...is your internal IP address on the computer you are using a fixed IP? Did you assign it an IP number that is static?

You could try configuring a range for the port triggering, like 10 ports below and 10 ports above 12455.

Gives thanks...Do you?
    2009-03-12 05:19 AM
    My internal IP is on the PC. Static indeed

Tried the port triggering but didnt seem to work unless I did something wrong.
    2009-03-14 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD