User Tag List

So for some reason today I decided to see what a "non-iTunes" manager would be like for the iPhone, and downloaded one from Softpedia (Joboshare iPhone Manager) which let me look at and play media files on my iPhone fine. I then transferred a video to it using JoboShare which transferred fine.

However, upon tapping the iPod app on my iPhone (disconnected) it shows no music, no video's no nothing.

Everything else on the iPhone works fine - all my contacts, all my messages are there, photo's (camera roll) etc etc.

So I plugged back in an opened iTunes to re-sync my music and got this;

Now it won't let me do anything other than restore to factory settings. It won't let me restore from a backup or anything.

I REALLY don't want to restore to factory as jailbreaking and unlocking it it is a PAIN I could do without! I don't often use it for music playback, so from that point of view I'm not actually too fussed, but I am a little worried that I can't perform any backups of the contacts, calendar, SMS messages etc

Is there anything I can do other than a full restore to factory settings then re-jailbreak and re-unlock and have to install all apps all over again?!?!?!
    2009-03-15 02:27 PM
    try undoing what you did with the music and videos and see if it helps
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.
    2009-03-15 03:35 PM
    Restore settings on your iPhone, not with iTunes
    2009-03-15 03:35 PM
    Broomhead - how do I do that?
    2009-03-15 03:38 PM
    goto Settings/General/Reset/Reset All Settings
    2009-03-15 03:39 PM
    Okay thanks, will try that now

seann - I tried that - no joy!

Well that didn't work either. iTunes still can't read the contents of the iPhone, still wants me to restore the phone firmware to factory and now my springboard is all messed up.....
    Last edited by Thrush; 2009-03-15 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-03-15 03:46 PM
    put into DFU mode and use quickpwn for windows to re-jailbreak/unlock it
    2009-03-15 03:51 PM
    Yeah, I really didn't want to have to get into restoring, re-jailbreaking and re-unlocking it, as it's such a pain to have to redownload all the apps again and set everything up.....
    2009-03-15 04:02 PM
    So for some reason today I decided to see what a "non-iTunes" manager would be like for the iPhone, and downloaded one from Softpedia (Joboshare iPhone Manager) which let me look at and play media files on my iPhone fine. I then transferred a video to it using JoboShare which transferred fine.

However, upon tapping the iPod app on my iPhone (disconnected) it shows no music, no video's no nothing.

Everything else on the iPhone works fine - all my contacts, all my messages are there, photo's (camera roll) etc etc.

So I plugged back in an opened iTunes to re-sync my music and got this;

Now it won't let me do anything other than restore to factory settings. It won't let me restore from a backup or anything.

I REALLY don't want to restore to factory as jailbreaking and unlocking it it is a PAIN I could do without! I don't often use it for music playback, so from that point of view I'm not actually too fussed, but I am a little worried that I can't perform any backups of the contacts, calendar, SMS messages etc

Is there anything I can do other than a full restore to factory settings then re-jailbreak and re-unlock and have to install all apps all over again?!?!?!
    I am having a similar issue. I got the message "iTunes cannot read contents of iPhone". I have restored the iPhone, used quickpwn to jailbreak/unlock, then tried to restore from backup. The phone restores, but NONE of the music is restored. Once it reboots, I once again get the message "iTunes cannot read contents of iPhone". I've done the restore/jailbreak/unlock with quickpwn twice, and still no luck. Everything else seems to work, except iTunes won't read the phone, and it shows that there is no music/video present on the phone. Is there a way to completely start from scratch, then restore from backup?

I have a 8GB first generation iPhone, with 2.2 firmware; jailbroken/unlocked, on T-Mobile network. Using iTunes 8.1.0.52
    Any help is appreciated.
    2009-05-25 03:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD