User Tag List

Hi,
    My iPhone 3G is very scratched, but it's still under warranty, so I'd like to know what is the best way to make it look broken so I can get a replacement? I thought about restoring it, then unplug it in the middle of the operation, or toast the audio by plugging the headseat jack to something too powerful

Thanks in advance
    2009-03-16 09:14 AM
    dude, thats just wrong man
    IpodLover77 @ Hofo
    2009-03-16 09:52 AM
    Why? It's not like Apple is poor lol, there are one of the richest company in the world
    2009-03-16 11:17 AM
    Why? It's not like Apple is poor lol, there are one of the richest company in the world
    That doesn't make your dishonestly right. If everybody did what you are suggesting doing, they would not be able to keep their doors open. I suggest that in the future you take actions to protect your investment instead of trying to find ways to pawn your irresponsibility off on others.

And maybe next time you should think before you post something as stupid and asinine as this. Now go away.
    2009-03-16 11:33 AM
    ^^^ +1
    2009-03-16 01:03 PM
    Sí, estoy de acuerdo. Esto está mal.

Gives thanks...Do you?
    2009-03-16 02:09 PM
    +2
    2009-03-17 12:21 AM
    @ pda1
    This is a warning to ask you kindly to be more friendly on the forums. We understand that you may have a strong opinion concerning whatever matter but we would like to keep these forums a place of discussion. Not for insults.
    We invite you to continue using the site -- just please be a bit more courteous in the future.
    2009-03-17 12:48 AM
    ^Your nicer than me. Register on a forum for Apple products and say that
    2009-03-17 01:01 AM
    im actually interested in the same thing. I want to get mine replaced also before the warranty runs out so i can get a new battery and get ride of the scratches
    2009-03-17 11:08 AM
    Well I have a little bit better reason...

My iphone charger bent one of the dockport pins up inside my iphone and now it wont charge.

I took it in and they said they wont replace it, so I was thinking if I bricked it they would.
    2009-03-25 06:10 PM
    say it has dead pixels in the screen...
    n it bothers you while playing games...
    2009-03-25 06:14 PM
    Lol don't they look?
    2009-03-25 06:19 PM
    ^So, you broke off your charger in the dock and want them to swap it......yes they will most likely look.

Also, most of the time if they refuse warranty swaps they will log it into the computer and it will pop up if you try taking it in agian.
    2009-03-26 01:46 AM
    Well I have a little bit better reason...

My iphone charger bent one of the dockport pins up inside my iphone and now it wont charge.

I took it in and they said they wont replace it, so I was thinking if I bricked it they would.
    Wow. I would've made a scene in the store. IMHO that's a totally legit reason for a swap. I would've just asked to have the phone disassembled and the dock port (whatever it's really called, you know what I mean) swapped out at the very least free of charge.

If it wasn't your fault I see no reason for them to refuse your warranty. Stupid stuff like that happens. They should expect it and not turn customers away.
    2009-03-26 01:54 AM
    ^I'm not saying either way....but Apple is usually pretty cool about swaps...so if they refuse there was probably a good reason.

And they wouldnt open the phone or actually work on it in the store....all they do is swaps.
    2009-03-26 01:57 AM
    ^I'm not saying either way....but Apple is usually pretty cool about swaps...so if they refuse there was probably a good reason.

And they wouldnt open the phone or actually work on it in the store....all they do is swaps.
    Oh I see. Well, I know if I walked into an Apple store because I bent a pin normally plugging my iPhone in and they refused me. I'd

(1) Find a computer and d/l Quickpwn & Firmware.
    (2) Go into Cydia and download Cycorder
    (3) Take it into the Apple Store and show them my JB'd phone
    (4) Turn on Cycorder and hand my phone to a customer and tell them to hit 'Record'
    (5) Upload my entire spasm in the store here, so everyone could laugh

Yeah, that'd be gangsta
    2009-03-26 02:12 AM
    Please include the part where you get arrested
    2009-03-26 02:13 AM
    If you want to get a new iphone from Apple it is very simple:
    1. Put your iphone in the microwave for about 15 seconds and that will pretty much fry it.
    2. Go to Apple Store and play stupid.
    3. Enjoy your fresh paint and new battery.

Don't forget to hit that thanks button!
    2009-03-26 03:27 AM
    ^^^^^ thats intense....... i usually go with the dead pixels. the fixer usually kills them instead...
    2009-03-26 03:35 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD