iPhone 3.0 OS Guide: Everything You Need to Know

Today, I found out that the iPhone is getting a new firmware to finally allow A2DP, something I have been waiting for, for a long time. The only thing more that the 3g is getting in the update over the 2g is the stereo A2DP. I have a 2g. FML
    2009-03-17 09:37 PM
    Why wont they give it on the 2G? Can we hack / unlock that?
    2009-03-30 08:28 AM
    Why wont they give it on the 2G? Can we hack / unlock that?
    Maybe it can still be done from the bluetooth dev team. Apple said it was a hardware limitation but I think they just want to get people to move on from the original iphone.
    2009-03-30 03:15 PM
    Is bluetooth a hardware feature unlocked by software?

Don't you need the newer chip for it to work and now Apple just enabled the feature in the OS?
    2009-03-30 03:31 PM
    Is bluetooth a hardware feature unlocked by software?

Don't you need the newer chip for it to work and now Apple just enabled the feature in the OS?
    maybe they require a newer chip but maybe the dev team can build a stack for the older one
    2009-03-30 08:09 PM
    Maybe it can still be done from the bluetooth dev team. Apple said it was a hardware limitation but I think they just want to get people to move on from the original iphone.
    I dont think so. The iBluetooth team found the chip that was present in the iPhone and its capable of all profiles.

I think Apple finally just enabled the A2DP for 3G and wont do so for 2G. Maybe we can find Code / Hack that is common to both and find an easy fix.
    2009-04-02 09:12 PM
    yes ibluetooth proved that the chip is capable of a2dp,i hope someone still care for iphone 2g users,i want to play bluetooth multiplayer games,hahahaha
    2009-08-28 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD