I have iPhone 3G 16GB, FW 2.2.0 and yellowsn0w'd BUT my problem is that at some point of time my wifi vanishes, i turn if off and back on sometimes its there and mostly its not and even if its there when i try to connect to it its not stable, the second i press the home button it looses connection, i have to go thru this like for 50 times... after that it gets fine and stable. im sick of it, either iphone's wifi suckx or please help me out of this mess, its a real pain in the *****!
    2009-03-19 10:01 PM
    I've posted about this before but here it goes again..

i used to have to same problem with one of mine. wifi would come and go and was weak in between. long story short i ended up taking it apart and found that the wifi flex cable was slightly unplugged. maybe from dropping it or something i dunno how, but i snapped it back on and could feel it in my finger tip as i did so. turned it back on and boom i had signal everywhere i was supposed too.

note: the wifi flex cable is the one i think marked number 5 on the bottom of your iphone 3G when you first open it up.just take out the two screws by the dock connector, pull up your screen, and you'll see it.push it back on fully it might take a few tries.but it's worth a try and you won't brake anything interally if that's all you do.
    2009-03-19 10:36 PM
    Well i did that, but it didnt help any bit... its the same, i think Apple needs to put the wifi fix in the new 3.0 OS cuz at the moment iPhone's wifi suckx!

I even upgraded my iPhone to 2.2.1, but still no luck!
    Last edited by ameerkhan; 2009-03-23 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-03-23 12:36 PM
    Yea sorry I didn't work but now you can go down to the apple store and say that you have offically tried everything. My wifi works perfectly fine I even get asked to join my neighbors connection sometimes so it might be a defective wifi module on your phone
    2009-03-23 12:42 PM
    I have the same problem but with 3g.
    2009-03-23 03:39 PM
    I have the same problem but with 3g.
    ummmmmm
    2009-03-23 07:53 PM
    Sounds like a hardware issue
    2009-03-24 01:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD