Let's just say the next iPhone will have a front facing camera for video conferencing. How would it work? I know you would be able to talk to anyone with another iPhone (that has a front facing camera), but could you also chat with someone on a PC with just a regular webcam? And what program would you have to use?

Just wondering. :]
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.
    2009-03-21 09:40 PM
    You can use Ecamm,Qik or Flixwagon for webcam.
    Video conferencing has been around on other phones for a while now as you may know.It supports for up to 4 people at the same time.
    2009-03-22 12:17 AM
    being apple i would expect some ichat compatibility for sure so that iphone users could video conference with mac users running ichat.

and no doubt apple would try and make it harder for people not using ichat to try and convert everyone to buying a mac.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-03-22 04:27 PM
    dejawoo, none of those are video conferencing. They just stream video to the web, and not without a delay. You can't look at your screen and see someone else on a webcam and talk to them.

reeko, we better be able to chat with people on Windows computers or I won't be looking forward to a front facing camera at all. <_<
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.
    2009-03-22 11:32 PM
    agreed
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-03-23 12:45 AM
    not gona happen, in my (and probably jobs) opinnion video conferencing is to crude (hell, even flash is not good enough for apple) and isn't really needed
    2009-03-23 07:34 AM
    How would it work? Most likely it won't be true video-conferencing since that isn't a huge cellular technology that is utilized in America right now, so it would be basically through iChat with whomever only over WiFi or maybe 3G.
    Respect your elders.
    2009-03-23 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD