User Tag List

So, I ran into a a bit of a wall while trying to restore my 1g iphone to take into the genius bar-

Before the factory restore, i took out my tmobile sim and put in my att prepaid sim- after the restore, it would not let me activate the phone by entering in the phone # for the prepaid sim card-

I'm still under warranty, and am 100% convinced my wifi card is shot [ive tried nearly everything!!]-

1- so how do i activate the prepaid sim in the iphone without jailbreaking/unlocking?

2- will the genius bar be able to tell if im jailbroken, even if i dont have any jb apps, and it looks like a standard iphone? how?

3- after i restore, I get the emergency screen- will the genius bar work on the phone if it is in that state? meaning can they bypass that screen to get to the phones OS-

1st gen 8g, with 2.2.1- on osx 10.5.6
    Last edited by punklove; 2009-03-21 at 09:18 PM.
    happiness is a warm iphone~~~~
    2009-03-21 09:08 PM
    bump... .anyone?
    2009-04-02 04:29 AM
    no need to activate it just restore (like you did) and take it in.
    No sim card, just tell them you took it out and put it in an old phone, which you forgot in the car or at home.. hehe
    2009-04-02 04:32 AM
    you dont have to activate it just tell em its not in warranty that you have to have it acctivated
    2009-04-02 04:34 AM
    ^^ correct, they will tell you that you will need to do it with iTunes once you get home. No problem there
    2009-04-02 04:36 AM
    so they're just going to believe me that the wifi doesnt work?

isnt it suspicious to them if they get a iphone at the activation screen, that hasnt been activated for over 6 months on ATT... wont they want to test teh wifi to make sure its really dead?
    2009-04-02 04:43 AM
    you being activated or a contract with AT&T has nothing to do with the warranty... no worries
    2009-04-02 04:46 AM
    what i'm really concerned about is being asked if I've restored . . . is there a legit way to activate prepaid ATT? should i even put the prepaid sim in?

why i'm hung up on activation is because arent they gonna restore it and then test it? how are they going to test an unactivated iphone?

and my last question: what info does their software pull up about my iphone when they plug it in?
    2009-04-02 05:03 AM