hi guys im having troubles with xgps. this is a great app but is way to laggy every time that i start driving
    . my other concern is that the speed sometimes i way to off. and i dont feel the GPS is really tracking continually it jsut keep jumping from point to point (even maps app is more fluent)..

my question is do you thin is the GPS chip the problem or this is just the way it is. (like i told before the map app works wonderful)

my fimware is 2.2.1 using unlock sim. and the phone is just restored.

thxs
    jaas
    2009-03-24 07:08 AM
    Sometimes if you are driving fase it has a tough time keeping up. Also if you have too many processes running in the background taking up free memory it will effect xGPS. A good idea is to free memory with an app like Free Memory, System, (appstore) close down nonessential processes with SBSettings, respring or reboot before using xGPS.

The app is a bit "jumpy" as opposed to maps but it is nice to not have to manually "flip pages". The app also seems to be sensitive to movements of the iphone itself and its best to mount the iPhone securely, or at least place it in a position where it is not moving too much. I found that it would occasionally move my position while sitting at a stop light because I moved the iPhone itself.
    All this said, its less laggy at slower speeds. You mention you are using an unlock sim and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with your issues.
    2009-03-24 02:02 PM
    It is first version. There will be updates. They will get it right eventually .
    2009-03-25 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD