I've about ready to try unlocking my iphone, but before i go buy a T-mobile SIM, I can't seen to find:

Settings>General>Network>EDGE

I can go to:

Settings>General>Network>

But once I get there the only two options are: "VPN" and "Wi-Fi"

I can connect and use all the phones features thru both Wi-Fi and the EDGE network, but I can't seem to find the EDGE network Settings.

Am I completely missing a step?
    Was this removed in version 1.10.2?
    Does the iphone need to be unlocked and on another network before i get this option?

Please Help!

I'm on an ATT activated iphone version 1.0.2 (1C28), everything was done thru iTunes 7.4.1 (2), on a MacBook (intel dual core ~not duo).
    2007-09-16 05:48 PM
    it will show up ones you get your phone unlocked , and have your t-moible sim in the phone
    2007-09-16 06:45 PM
    i cant seem to find it either i unlocked my 1.1.1 via anysim in The installer app. I'm using an AT&T sim. How do i get it back?
    2007-12-21 10:15 AM
    It seems like EDGE is lost forever after activation, but the guys over at HACKINT0SH were having this problem too. It seems like you don't have to unlock it, you just need to take your SIM card out and see if that works. If it doesn't, put it back in and try it then. Please note that once you change the settings again, you'll have to use the same method.

This doesn't work for everyone, but it did here:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2220
    2008-02-08 05:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD