Hi all,

I recently got added to a dev account and I wanted to test the 3.0 firmware out.. But when I installeed the firmware I get a "white"screen upon boot.. (The apple logo shows for a few seconds then vanishes into this white layerd effect..) I can't get past this screen at all!

I tried some guides on how to downgrade but this method doesn't work either.. I either get a Error1013 from iTunes and the device gets stuck in restore mode (iBrickr doesn't detect my phone to get out of this mode ) or the device loads up perfect but crashes on the slide to unlock..

I can take the sim out boot up and it not crash but as soon as I insert the sim to activate .......crash!

I have also tried quick pwn, this gets past the slide to unlock but it doesn't activate and crashes on springboard.. (it doesn't have no signal bars its just blank with clock and battery)

I can't take it back because I changed the battery inside the iPhone..

Is there any solution to help with my crisis??!

I was up all night trying to restore this device and no luck

Firmware reinstalls: 20 (and counting)
    iPhone reboots: 100+?

I'm currently loaded with the 3.0 staring at a white screen..

Please help ..
    2009-04-11 03:54 PM
    Are you restoring in DFU Mode?
    2009-04-11 06:58 PM
    Fail
    2009-04-11 07:50 PM
    I have no help for your problem. But, I am HIGHLY interested in your battery change. More info please.
    2009-04-11 07:59 PM
    Thats awesome
    2009-04-11 08:08 PM
    if you restored originally in dfu mode originlly you will have all kinds of issues

just restore again in regular working mode
    2009-04-11 08:50 PM
    Fail
    Posts like yours "Fail"

No use to me..

I have no help for your problem. But, I am HIGHLY interested in your battery change. More info please.
    Hmm well I'm starting to think the battery started it.. Seems strange xD, changing the battery to a new one has made the battery last 2X longer .. Apart from that problem it was awsome. What other info you need .?

Thats awesome
    Again wasted post.

if you restored originally in dfu mode originlly you will have all kinds of issues

just restore again in regular working mode
    I restored in both modes and both went into this "white screen"

Thanks for the help guys..

I solved this issue by... Throwing my iPhone across the room at the wall.. (This seems wierd but it did work o_o) After about the 50th restore (4am -O-) I was getting really mad.. After emailing apple about it (Not mentioning the batt change) They replied with a stupid reply "Please restore your iPhone to solve the problem" = WTF?! At this point I was raging... *THROW IPHONE ======== Picks up iPhone, it had turned it self off, booted it up and a loading bar came on the screen and booted up.. I was like WOW.. throwing stuff works!!!

2009-04-14 03:09 AM
    So you have a phone working on 3.0 now? Are you developing or using it just to use it?

I had it for a couple days and ended up downgrading because of all kinds of signal issues (newer baseband obviously isn't ready) and ended up having to exchange the phone because I completely lost service after the downgrade.
    2009-04-14 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD