How long ago did you swap the battery? And when did it start "not working right"....about the same time?
    2009-04-12 07:30 AM
    it's not under warranty, and i have voided it anyways i took it apart to change the battery

so ur saying theres nothing i could do?
    Maybe you messed up whilst replacing the B82RE (battery, it's an Ali G reference.)
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-04-12 07:32 AM
    i replaced the battery, used the phone for a while (like an hour), then restored

i planned on restoring before i did the battery
    2009-04-12 07:48 AM
    So in other words....the phone starting acting up right after you swapped the battery?

Yeah dude, you screwed something up when you opened the phone up.

That would have been a very important piece of information to know up front.

Its most certainly a hardware issue.
    2009-04-12 07:50 AM
    So in other words....the phone starting acting up right after you swapped the battery?

Yeah dude, you screwed something up when you opened the phone up.

That would have been a very important piece of information to know up front.

Its most certainly a hardware issue.
    ^+1....I'd say.
    2009-04-12 07:56 AM
    i made calls and used it and texted for around an hour after the battery was replaced
    2009-04-12 07:57 AM
    On a first-gen the battery has to be soldered into place and the points are very small.

Its also somewhat of a dangerous thing to do if you dont know what your doing....because a battery like that can explode if things are crossed.

Dont care if it worked for an hour........its a hardware issue. Software WILL NOT make the phone keep cutting off.
    2009-04-12 07:59 AM
    my dad works every day with this kind of stuff, he did it for me he knows what hes doing
    it wasnt a soldering mistake.
    2009-04-12 08:04 AM
    On a first-gen the battery has to be soldered into place and the points are very small.

Its also somewhat of a dangerous thing to do if you dont know what your doing....because a battery like that can explode if things are crossed.

^+1
    2009-04-12 08:06 AM
    i got it to work lolz

im using quickpwn, and i am trying to unlock and jailbreak

it is asking me to supply bootloaders? where do i get that?/ should i do that?
    2009-04-12 08:30 AM
    If you wanna unlock it then you have to download the bootloaders.

Google them....they cant be linked here.
    2009-04-12 08:37 AM
    thanks for ur help guys, its working
    i guess im not an idiot after all?
    thanks for being patient
    i dont even know how i fixed it

good ol perseverance
    2009-04-12 08:40 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD