User Tag List

Hi all. First post.

I'm running an iPhone on 1.1.1 (3A109a). I bought phone from the States unlocked so I just a pay as you go card (i'm in Portugal). Everything works cool. Both my Macs are running 10.4.11 and iTunes7.

I can usually pick up any free Wifi connection around, but I just can connected to my wifi network at home. The Netgear router worked fine but fried so I've got an old 3com wireless router. Strange thing it works fine on my G4 Powerbook, but just wont connect to my iPhone and the PC that we have, although that worked fine on the Netgear also.

Yeh, buy another Netgear, but seriously, can anyone tell me what settings to put in, or doesn't it just NOT like 3com routers?

Thanks in advance.
    2009-04-16 09:05 PM
    Have you tried powercycling the modem and router?

Just thinking of the "small stuff" first...
    2009-04-16 09:12 PM
    Also check if the network is locked, might need the wep key to get access..
    2009-04-16 10:40 PM
    Have you tried powercycling the modem and router?
    Hi, thanks for replying. I've not heard of the term powercycling - does that mean turning everying off and back on again in order, or resetting them to factory spec and putting all the info back in?

Also check if the network is locked, might need the wep key to get access..
    Hi, thanks for replying. WEP - is that something to do with password protection? Sorry, not that technical... It doesn't ask me for a password?
    2009-04-17 10:08 AM