Phone: 3G 16GB
    FW: 2.2.1

So.. here's the story.. i recently (two weeks ago) bought an iphone with contract. I've since jailbroke the phone and everything was working perfectly.

Suddenly during the middle of this afternoon I get a "No Service" on the status bar.

I took the sim out and put in a different phone and it received service.

I placed the sim back in the iphone, still "No Service", decided to restore with itunes.

Now the iphone has been restored to original settings with itunes.

Still "No Service" and as a result it can't activate itself, etc..

I think this might be a hardware problem. Since the phone has been restored with itunes, will I have any troubles with the warranty?

Should I do something else to the phone prior to returning it?

Thanks
    2009-04-21 06:28 PM
    If phone has been restored no traces of jailbreak will be visible. You should be fine.
    2009-04-21 06:34 PM
    You've voided the warranty. Whether or not you can return it depends on how ethical you are.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2009-04-21 06:41 PM
    A valid hardware failure is a warranty issue... wether you've jailbroken or not. I don't see any ethical issues here. Just restore and make a Genius Bar appointment.
    2009-04-21 06:50 PM
    If you fully restored it, you shouldn't have any problems getting a different one
    2009-04-21 07:21 PM
    You've voided the warranty. Whether or not you can return it depends on how ethical you are.
    I needed a good laugh, thanks!
    2009-04-21 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD