yes it does, I have two iphones one with a new sim and one with a old sim, The one with the old sim where you can still change the voicemail has no issues, The new phone with the new sim has the same issue, Cant change the voicemail number because the sim locks the number so every time you hit the voicemail button and hang up you get a blank text, So unless you can change the voicemail number youll still be getting blank texts
    2009-04-27 05:23 PM
    UPDATE!! SOMEONE HAS FOUND A SOLUTION THAT WORKS 100%
    I believe I have found the solution to the voicemail notification issue.
    I installed the T-mobile US Carrier bundle from BigBoss in Cydia. Now I am receiving notification after a voicemail is left and after checking the red dot resets. And the best thing is no more of those stupid texts. Try it out and post results.
    This actually works! Many thanks to Whistle!!
    2009-04-30 04:18 AM
    Update from Steve at T-Mobile (from the Hackintosh Forums):

Hello,

Steven with T-Mobile here in an unofficial capacity. I was just alerted to this issue today. I was able to replicate this with my own iPhone after moving myself to a different voicemail server.

The issue was the voicemail notification that was being sent out. It was going through a new component that was causing it to send as an SMS instead of a VM notification.

We've corrected it. You should only get a proper VM notification (red dot) when you actually get a VM from now on.

Long live the iPhone and let's all pray for a fully unlocked iPhone 3G with a 1700 Mhz band... :-)

-Steven
    I stopped getting the strange blank texts when receiving/retrieving my voicemail... AND my voicemail indicator now works like normal again! Yay!

See Hackintosh Thread here: Blank Text messages - Tmobile USA ??? What gives - Page 6 - Hackint0sh
    Last edited by Cassy; 2009-04-30 at 04:26 AM.
    2009-04-30 04:19 AM
    Update from Steve at T-Mobile (from the Hackintosh Forums):

I stopped getting the strange blank texts when receiving/retrieving my voicemail... AND my voicemail indicator now works like normal again! Yay!

See Hackintosh Thread here: Blank Text messages - Tmobile USA ??? What gives - Page 6 - Hackint0sh
    I read the same thing earlier, but then again I was still having the problem until I just installed the Tmobile bundle. Coincidence? Maybe or maybe not. I would like to know if anyone else who has not installed the bundle yet has their phone working fine now. Just curious...
    2009-04-30 04:35 AM
    I have the same issue and I found it happens less by about 90% with the notified icons app for your status bar it works fine when it has an icon for the text message to turn it on and off can turn it on and off
    2009-04-30 04:54 AM
    OK guys, seems that mine is working now, without having to install anything. I noticed it late last night, and just now I called and left myself a voicemail from my home phone, and yep, left the little red dot, and after listening to my voicemail,I deleted the voicemail, red dot went away, and no annoying text! Yaaaay! I never installed that bundle from Cydia, so hopefully it's all good now

Oh! quick and easy question though! How the heck do I change to a louder sound for voicemail notification? Since I restored and jailbroke/unlocked my phone again, I only have the att sounds that came with the phone under new message notification? For my ringer and text message, it gives me the option of others that I had on there before, but, for voicemail, only the att ones! ugh! I can hardly hear it? I think before I had changed it with customize, but, my stupid customize doesn't even work, when I go into sounds and such, it doesn't have any to choose from? Does anyone know?
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 2009-04-30 at 01:34 PM.
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!
    2009-04-30 01:30 PM
    problem solved, no more issues here!
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2009-04-30 08:52 PM
    Not working for me, Ive installed the carrier bundle, disables VMN with T-Mobile, and I still have that damn dot. I dont have any voicemails, Ive rebooted the phone, taken the sim out, airplane mode on/off, nothing helps.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish
    2009-04-30 09:28 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.