I have an iphone 2g with 2.2.1 jailbroken/unlocked with t-mobile. Today, I literally pulled my iphone out of my pocket and see that all of the icons look blurry and sometimes flicker, and on the very left of the screen you can see what looks like half icons. I can post a picture if anyone thinks they can help or just wants to see. I just wanted to ask if there is any possible thing I can do besides taking it apart and buying a new digitzer or something along those lines. I was also thinking of restoring it to the original settings and bringing it to the Mac store to see if they could try to fix it or something. If anyone has any ideas or anything, please post. Thanks.
    2009-04-25 06:08 AM
    post a pic i might a solution i may have had the same problem w\ the half icons...

but i dont want to tell u false info...
    2009-04-25 06:15 AM
    at this point i'll try anything, if what you say actually does work i'll seriously paypal you like $20 for your help...heres pictures-don't mind the distortion i took upclose shots with a fisheye lens:

2009-04-25 06:35 AM
    the EXACT same thing is wrong with my phone... can someone please give their insight on this issue? i think im gonna open it up when i have some free time and see if there are any loose connections.
    2009-04-26 04:57 AM
    mobsta - would you mind posting what you think i could do to fix it? i really am desperate here and will take any kind of help
    2009-04-26 09:44 AM
    Have you tried a DFU restore to stock apple firmware? I doubt it will be a software issue but it's the first thing I would try so you can rule that out. If it is a hardware issue (so it still happens on the stock apple firware) I'd pm One1 who seems to know everything there is to know about iphone hardware and will no doubt tell you what the problem is straight off.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac
    2009-04-26 01:35 PM
    The LCD has a decoder that makes the LCD properly render. The decoder is going out on the LCD. You can try to see if hot or cold affects it. Neither will fix it. 2G phones are obviously a full replacement ($175) of the screen/digitizer combo so you may think about just upgrading to a new phone.
    2009-04-27 10:04 PM
    i got the same problem:

but i can confirm this is no software error, as in the beginning hitting the iphone with my hand would fix this. I am guessing this is some connector cable inside the phone that is just loose.
    2009-10-23 11:13 PM
    Yeah, you hold onto that hope.
    2009-10-23 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD