User Tag List

easier having a mac instead of xp? I mean like when dealing with the iphone,(and overall) how much easier does a mac make it for us, versus using my dumb old DeLL?? I'm thinking of getting one for my birthday tommorow, but, really undecided, since ya know, the freaking prices are outrageous! hehehe

So I've been going to Best Buy, like everyday and playing with them, just to get a little familiar, and see what they are all about, but, I was just wondering, if it was worth it

I've never owned one, and I hear great things about them, and they do seem pretty user freindly, but, don't want to invest in one, and get it home and like, totally regret it

So what do you guys think? Yay or Nay??
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!
    2009-04-29 10:24 AM
    well if this helps, you can run xp on a mac also
    2009-04-29 11:44 AM
    lol I think it's funny how you're buying a new computer for your phone.

But if your XP is working fine for you, I say don't bother. I personally don't see anything wrong with Windows and I wouldn't trade my Vaio (with Vista Business) in for a Mac. I can do everything perfectly fine on my laptop with my phone.

Not that Macs are bad, though. I would have loved to win the Mac from the billion app countdown. Unless you are expecting the perfect computer that does things you can't imagine, I don't really see you "regretting" buying a new computer.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.
    2009-04-29 01:02 PM
    in my opinion hacking the iphone is easier on windows.
    2009-04-29 01:23 PM
    stay with th xp
    2009-04-29 03:15 PM
    WOW! hehehe not the answer I was expecting, since I thought most people here were on Macs! And NO, I was not thinking of buying a Mac just cuz of my iphone silly! hehehe It's just my Dell is freaking slow and ugh! It takes forever to turn on and such! I guess it just needs to be cleaned??
    I'm kinda glad I heard these answers, since I had been trying to justify to myself, on buying something soo expensive just cuz I WANTED it, and not cuz I NEEDED it! I feel soo much better! haha!

Thanks guys, you all just saved me 2,000 BUCKS!!

Ok, so i guess just have it cleaned out and add some more memory?
    And I guess dumb question, but, still gonna ask. So do I just go to a computer place and tell them to clean it and add memory, and they will know what to do? Like cleaning means?? Do I have to tell them what to take off? Like what though? Or they will know? Old files, pictures, music

Thanks again!
    2009-04-30 11:51 AM
    WOW! hehehe not the answer I was expecting, since I thought most people here were on Macs! And NO, I was not thinking of buying a Mac just cuz of my iphone silly! hehehe It's just my Dell is freaking slow and ugh! It takes forever to turn on and such! I guess it just needs to be cleaned??
    I'm kinda glad I heard these answers, since I had been trying to justify to myself, on buying something soo expensive just cuz I WANTED it, and not cuz I NEEDED it! I feel soo much better! haha!

Thanks guys, you all just saved me 2,000 BUCKS!!

Ok, so i guess just have it cleaned out and add some more memory?
    And I guess dumb question, but, still gonna ask. So do I just go to a computer place and tell them to clean it and add memory, and they will know what to do? Like cleaning means?? Do I have to tell them what to take off? Like what though? Or they will know? Old files, pictures, music

Thanks again!
    theres a few programs that will make your computer run faster my friend told me to install them n run them n its faster... nclears up memory a lil bit
    2009-04-30 01:48 PM
    i tried on xp and vista and mac, and i believe that it is easier to jailbreak and mod on windows xp or vista but it depends on wat u want and happy birthday
    Last edited by Miro89; 2009-04-30 at 02:07 PM.
    2009-04-30 02:02 PM
    "theres a few programs that will make your computer run faster my friend told me to install them n run them n its faster... nclears up memory a lil bit "

Weeeeeellllllll..... can you share what programs they were? hehehe

Thanks for the B-day wish, I will stuff my face with sushi tonight! hahaha
    2009-04-30 02:39 PM
    it was called "CCLEANER"

dont want to post the links cuz its wares or whatever its called
    Last edited by mobsta; 2009-04-30 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-30 03:39 PM
    The only benefit I can see to running your phone with a Mac is that since you are unlocked you can use Pwnage to make your firmwares that do not upgrade your baseband.
    2009-04-30 04:30 PM
    it was called "CCLEANER"

dont want to post the links cuz its wares or whatever its called
    crap cleaner is free...
    "warez" are paid programs that have been cracked so you can get them free.

crap cleaner comes free

CCleaner - Home

also, if you're willing to dish 2,000 on a computer.. maybe you'd spend 20$ on TuneUp Utilities 2009?
    great program
    2009-04-30 10:02 PM
    oh cool thanx man the dude who sent me it sent it over aim...
    2009-05-01 02:37 AM
    Hey Eatjello, what is that tuneup utilities 2009?
    What does it do, or what is it for?

I'm sure glad I asked here about buying a mac, somehow, I thought things would be waaay easier But, seems, that I would have to learn a new system, and spend tons of money.

Oh! By the way I did that CC cleaner, and yeah, my pc seems to be a bit faster! Yaaaay!! Thanks guys for all the advice and suggestions! Very much appreciated!
    2009-05-01 01:47 PM
    tuneup utilities is a program that cleans your computer, and pretty easy to use, it works wonders for me.

if you have AIM or MSN you can add me and i'll explain more and help you get a copy.
    2009-05-02 03:55 PM
    CCLeaner FTW! :-)

If you really want to get your dell running at peak performance, reformat and get the right setup. The problem is that everyone has their own recipe. Mine is Avira Antivir + Spybot + CCLeaner. Others prefer different apps, but my EEE PC has such a limited amount of processor and storage...

How long have you had your Dell?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2009-05-03 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD