User Tag List

Whenever you board an air plane aren't you supposed to turn off your cell phone? Well since iPhones have air plane mode is that alright to use? I'm wondering because later this week I will be on a long flight to Germany and hopefully will able to use it for game play when I want.
    2009-05-04 06:16 PM
    u can use it for game play, but u have to turn the 'air plane mode' thing off 1st
    2009-05-04 06:32 PM
    they will ask you to turn off your phone completely during take off and landing and i know at least for domestic flights you are allowed to use airplane mode inflight. when i was reading on the plane on airplane mode on a flight from taiwan to sydney, i was told to turn it off as "they" do not allow cell phone use, in any shape/form/way, inflight. i don't know who this "they" is exactly but that was the only time i had a problem with using airplane mode

and also, i never turn off my phone during any flights, whether it's 30000 feet up in the air, taking off or landing. it just always stays in airplane mode
    2009-05-04 06:32 PM
    Alright. Hopefully they will let me use it!
    2009-05-04 06:34 PM
    Well i went from the UK to Turkey and the flight was roughly 4 hours.

The safety video stated that any equipment that features Airplane mode should be switched to that mode, but all phones should be turned off completely, i'm guessing the other devices would be PSP's and Nintendo DS's that have wifi.
    2009-05-04 06:40 PM
    I was flying from Zurich to London and the BA stewardess told me turn-off my iPod touch. I told her it was off (stopped listening to music). She then requested me to press the home button and the lock-screen lit up. She said I was a liar and told me to power-off completely.

She stood there in the aisle and watched me do it.

Go figure?!?!?!
    2009-05-04 07:02 PM
    Well OTT precautions or not, i wouldn't want to be responsible for bringing down a boing, would you?? lol
    2009-05-04 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD