2Hey guys. I downloaded 'Font Swapper' from Cydia. With it, I changed the font on the Notes app but I didn't like it. But when I tried to change the font back to the default font, I got an error message that said it couldn't do it. When I uninstalled it, that still didn't change the font back to default. What do i do?

Also, are there any apps out there that changes the font size?
    Last edited by obla; 2009-05-07 at 07:01 PM.
    2009-05-07 06:58 PM
    in cydia, see if there is an option to view what files and directories fantswap installs (you should be able to view them), then locate the files via SSH and manually delete them. otherwise, you could reinstall font swap again and see if it can go back to normal after a fresh install?

i used to use fontswap, but i had similar problems, so i just found it easier to manually replace fonts!
    2009-05-07 07:04 PM
    in cydia, see if there is an option to view what files and directories fantswap installs (you should be able to view them), then locate the files via SSH and manually delete them. otherwise, you could reinstall font swap again and see if it can go back to normal after a fresh install?

i used to use fontswap, but i had similar problems, so i just found it easier to manually replace fonts!
    Thanks, lach! I did reinstall the app and now everything is back to normal. But, I still am unhappy about font size in the Notes app. Do you know of a way to change it? It's really to small for me to make it of any use. Thanks.

2009-05-08 03:42 AM
    no problem, i know there is ways to edit the size of some fonts, but i am unsure about the notes app. ill have a look round for ya

havent found a way to make the font larger for notes, although i have found some apps (from iTunes i think) that allow you to write things (like notes) and you can change the colour, font size etc, so that may be something you could look into!
    Last edited by lach; 2009-05-08 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-05-08 07:43 AM
    no problem, i know there is ways to edit the size of some fonts, but i am unsure about the notes app. ill have a look round for ya

havent found a way to make the font larger for notes, although i have found some apps (from iTunes i think) that allow you to write things (like notes) and you can change the colour, font size etc, so that may be something you could look into!
    lach, wats up? That would be cool. If you can find out the name of that specific note app for me that changes the font size, I'd appreciate it alot. Please let me know! Thanks!

2009-05-11 09:25 PM
    i cant remember at the moment ill have a look round!
    on the topic, a app called Supreme Preferences is being updated and has some call features, i think i heard you can make the font in safari as large as you want so it may be helpful to
    2009-05-12 02:14 PM
    i cant remember at the moment ill have a look round!
    on the topic, a app called Supreme Preferences is being updated and has some call features, i think i heard you can make the font in safari as large as you want so it may be helpful to
    Thanks for the info, lach. Do you think that 'Supreme preferences' font resizing feature you mentioned can also be applied to third party notes apps or to the native notes app? Thanks.

2009-05-12 05:47 PM
    Im not sure really, well there are standalone apps that have that feature. so have a search around on the iTunes App store, im sure you will find one . Because there are a lot, and its best for you to find one that meets your needs.
    2009-05-13 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD