Hey there -- I have only one email account on my unmodded unjailbroken iphone 3G. The account is an aol account. It's worked flawlessly since I've had it. All of a sudden tonight.. when I send and email.. it's showing the sent from address on the receiving end as a gmail account. The username is the same as the aol user name.. and luckily I own them both.. but, I've NEVER put that gmail account on the iphone. WTF? Has anyone else run into this? When I check my mail on the phone.. it only shows one account. When I check the settings tab under mail, contacts and calendars .. there's only one account the aol account.

help!

thanks so much

j
    2009-05-08 07:40 AM
    it could be in ur contacts and u accidentally clicked it.
    2009-05-09 09:03 AM
    The other cause *might* be if you have your gmail account set up to forward to your AOL account. If someone sent you an email to your gmail account and you replied to it, it 'might have your gmail account.

What does it say right at the bottom of the Mail, Contacts, Calender page is your default account?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-05-09 10:58 AM
    The updated iTunes also has an extra section that asked for my email settings on start-up, not exactly sure but it could be something to do with that. Do you use a google account for logging into iTunes?
    2009-05-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD