Not sure if if my iphone is now dead... but something surely changed this morning. Perhaps someone on here could give me some advice on what to try/do.

Today I can no longer sync with Itunes. I am running 3G 3.0 b4 without any issues at all for the past week. I have been syncing just fine since that upgrade and like I said, no issues. Got a little excited for the beta 5 update and got all the files downloaded last night and today I was going to go through the motions. Well... I can no longer sync at all.

When the phone is plugged into any of the 3 USB ports, it will charge.

I cannot get photos off the phone via Windows Explorer or see the device I should say.

I just now installed iTunes onto another work computer and attempted to sync. I got this error in Windows "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."

I have tried searching through the forums and trying all the tricks that I could find. reboot both the cpu/iPhone. ReAuthorized my Computer, Checked to make sure ipodservice and ItunesHelper were started in the services. Killed them, restarted them, etc.

My Big question is.... How can I return the iPhone to the store (bought at ATT) with it running 3.0 and JailBroken. I am sure they will see this. Not sure that I can reformat the iPhone if I cannot get it connected to the computer now.

I will try another cable later tonight when I have access to another...but something tells me there is more to it than the cable since the charging works with the cable.

Long ramble I know...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
    Last edited by ericM; 2009-05-10 at 09:56 PM.
    2009-05-10 09:10 PM
    Turn the iPhone off and then plug it into your computer whilst holding the home button with itunes open.

It should then pop up in recovery mode and you can restore to beta 5 or 2.2.1.

If this doesnt work then hold down the home + power button until the phone restarts, then put the iphone into DFU mode and try and restore.

If neither of the above work then you have a real problem but im sure they will. Just time consuming for the restore + resync.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-05-11 01:58 AM
    if you dont clear the jailbreak/beta apple/att can sue you for $200,000 (jailbreaking/hacking an iphone is still illegal.) To delete everything there is an option in settings to cleat everything on the iphone so i would try that.
    2009-05-11 02:28 AM
    Thanks for the help and suggestions. Putting the phone in recovery mode still wouldn't allow me to connect to the pc. After work, I used my wife's iphone cable and there was no issue. Apparently my usb cable can charge my phone, but no longer can it sync. Not sure what went wrong... but at least I feel better that my phone is working fine.

Thanks again
    Last edited by ericM; 2009-05-11 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-05-11 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.