User Tag List

for some reason i am unable to delete new emails. outlook is the email client. on outlook i deleted the emails and all is fine. they stayed on the iphone though and when i hit refresh, they stayed and wouldnt go away. i tried to delete them and it says unable to be moved to trash. but why are they even there is it is pushed to the iphone and once an hour i have it set to fetch because push is only to the iphone and not from the iphone back to the server.

so question is in short... why are the emails on my iphone a day later that i deleted from outlook? the only thing i could think of was emptying the trash folder, did that and they still wouldnt be deleted. i then deleted the email account on iphone and then set it back up. all works good again but the question i want answered.

anyone? thanks!
    2009-05-15 05:04 PM
    Wghat do you mean
    i have it set to fetch because push is only to the iphone and not from the iphone back to the server.
    If you have push set up properly (which you need an exchange server for) then what you do on your phone is reflected in your Outlook.

If you have Outlook only then that is synching to your email account and so is your phone - depending on the type of email account you will get different results but it won't be push email.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-05-15 07:40 PM
    we use exchange here at the office. question still remains
    2009-05-15 07:42 PM
    Your push email isn't working. Is it turned on on your exchange server? What version of exchange are you using?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-05-15 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD