So my iPhone has been acting up lately after some messing around I did while I was SSH'ing it and I want to restore it. However, I'm not sure I could do without the text messages I've built up. Would it be possible to restore my iphone and copy over my text messages database file from my current one to the restored iPhone?
    2009-05-18 04:49 AM
    Easy. There are several ways (an iTunes back for one). Also, copy /private/var/mobile/Library/SMS/sms.db to your computer. Do your restore and anything else you needed to do. After the iTunes restore from a prior back, SMS's will come back. If you set up as a new iPhone, then not. Just copy/replace the new file with you backup and reboot. Bingo.
    Last edited by Mes; 2009-05-18 at 05:17 AM.
    2009-05-18 05:02 AM
    Easy. There are several ways (an iTunes back for one). Also, copy /private/var/mobile/Library/SMS/sms.db to your computer. Do your restore and anything else you needed to do. After the iTunes restore from a prior back, SMS's will come back. If you set up as a new iPhone, then not. Just copy/replace the new file with you backup and reboot. Bingo.
    hey, could you please clarify what to do if you were to restore your iphone and set it up as new? To be able to have my old sms restored to the new state my iphone is in

Thanks!!!
    2014-07-14 07:18 AM
    BackupTrans worx awesome w/ or w/out a jailbreak! I finally broke down and bought it but it was worth the $20 so I could avoid the headaches!!!
    2014-07-14 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD