User Tag List

My iPhone got stolen and I wanted to know how I'd be able to retreive all my contacts without buying a new iPhone. I'm using a replacement LG Chocolate, but wanted to know if I could pull the contacts from the iTunes backup or the backup I made using BackToUp.

PLEASE tell me there's some way to do this!
    2009-05-23 02:34 PM
    Can't you just claim off your insurance?
    I always synch mine to outlook OTA so all my phones / computers have the same data.
    Have you emailed the author of Backtoup to see if he can help?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-05-24 12:58 PM
    there prob is an easy way but u could ask a mate who has iPhone to back his up then sync on your iTunes then sync your contacts with outlook or somthing. If u have a pal with non jb they could easily restore on their own itunes.
    2009-05-24 02:49 PM
    On winpc itunes backs up contacts to either windows address book or outlook if its installed. If neither is installed for some reason, it doesnt back them up. Mac also to address book.

But there is no way to "extract" them from a backup.
    2009-05-24 05:33 PM
    i remember seeing an application that would allow you to browse the back up file and see your contact. I'll see if I can find it.
    Mafia Live Family Code: 143 035 642
    2009-05-25 04:18 AM
    i remember seeing an application that would allow you to browse the back up file and see your contact. I'll see if I can find it.
    Is this what you were thinking of?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-05-25 10:41 AM
    Is this what you were thinking of?

similar to that, but it was for windows.
    Mafia Live Family Code: 143 035 642
    2009-05-26 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD