this has probably been discussed before, but i searched with no results. anyhoo... instead of downloading apps, themes, etc. on cydia through wifi, how can i transfer these apps/themes through my computer using the USB cable?
    2009-05-27 01:01 AM
    You can use OpenSSH and a program called winscp. Are you trying to eliminate using wifi at all? If you use Winscp, you need to have wifi on your iphone an OpenSSH, which you can get from cydia. Get your iphone ip address, open up winscp and enter it in. Your username is root and your password is alpine. You can leave the file protocal sftp and allow scp. Then just navigate to the theme folder and drag and drop from your computer.
    2009-05-27 01:25 AM
    i am a complete clueless when it comes to the computer. can you reword what you just said? i have no idea what SSH is. and no i am not willing to completely eliminate the use of wifi forever, but for the moment yes.
    2009-05-27 01:30 AM
    Google disk aid. It's very simple to useabd faster the ssh because it works via USB
    2009-05-27 01:33 AM
    Mr. Sparky is right. You can use diskaid. I prefer winscp because I already have it setup. If you decide not to use diskaid, let me know and I'll help you out with winscp.
    2009-05-27 01:36 AM
    thanks guys. i figured out how to put themes into winterboard, but what about apps? and things like ringtones and themes not apart of winterboard?
    2009-05-27 02:59 AM
    thanks guys. i figured out how to put themes into winterboard, but what about apps? and things like ringtones and themes not apart of winterboard?
    If you add a source in Cydia called "Sleepers" they have a ton of ring tones available from their repository. or just add it http://repo.sleepers.net/cydia
    With Cydia open on the front page, you'll see "more package sources" go there to add additional sources. You might want to search our download section to find some there also.
    You will find apps in Cydia and also the App Store of coarse.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-05-27 at 03:30 AM.
    2009-05-27 03:27 AM
    thanks. but what i want to know is how to do it from disk aid.
    2009-05-27 03:43 AM
    why, are they cracked?
    2009-05-27 03:47 AM
    Try this link they have a bunch of themes as well as or download section. Download to your desktop, unzip and use diskaid to install in folder var/private/stash/themes
    If you are referring to warez, huge no no.
    2009-05-27 03:48 AM
    Try this link they have a bunch of themes as well as or download section. Download to your desktop, unzip and use diskaid to install in folder var/private/stash/themes
    If you are referring to warez, huge no no.
    thanks. some really nice themes.

and might you know where i can find a bunch of free ringtones for download? that i can use disk aid to transfer them?
    2009-05-27 03:52 AM
    you can make your own or try doing a search, google is your friend.
    enjoy......O.o
    2009-05-27 04:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.