User Tag List

1. Does Tricker3G work for EDGE, too? And are quality settings adjustible to suit the lower data rate?
    2. Can the IR dongle attached to the box "learn" commands from devices that aren't natively supported?
    2009-06-03 03:39 AM
    Honestly not sure if it will "trick" edge...I dont think so.....but edge makes streaming just about useless, waayyyy to slow.
    2009-06-03 03:58 AM
    I thought it might just because VoIPover3G tricks EDGE too, and when Apple enabled iTunes over "3G" it worked over cellular, and I do realize how slow it may be, but I can stream low-red YouTube videos near instantly with T-Zones. Either way, SlingPlayer would be real nice, even over Wifi (I'll be on a college campus with area-wide Wifi next fall for 9 months straight)
    2009-06-03 04:08 AM
    I agree, I am contemplating buying one. Kinda on the fence to see what the new phone brings.....
    2009-06-03 04:14 AM
    Tricker3G works for EDGE as well.
    2009-06-03 05:01 AM
    ^ +1 It works for edge but edge is so s....l.....o......w.....
    2009-06-03 05:17 AM
    ^ +1 It works for edge but edge is so s....l.....o......w.....
    I never said it worked well...
    2009-06-03 07:12 AM
    ^ lmao.
    2009-06-03 07:22 AM
    so does that mean you can answer my question? Can you adjust the settings to make it work low-red over edge?
    2009-06-03 07:26 AM
    ^ I dont remember seeing any adjustment like orb has
    2009-06-03 07:41 AM
    Sling automatically adjusts the quality dependant on your connection. It is much smarter than orb.

The stream at best quality is allot better quality than orb, and sling will do its best to maintain a stream at the best quality it can.

if your connection gets to slow, sling will stop and 'Optimize' the stream again, usually starting off from where it paused itself a few seconds before.

And yes, the slingbox can be setup for normal composite output + HD component output for many different devices, not just satellite/cable boxes.

I have set one up with my XBox 360 to watch networked films/listen to music, but then invested in an Apple TV to do the same job, but with a much more easier to navigate interface.

Basically anything with an output and an IR controller could in theory be used with a slingbox.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-06-03 10:38 PM