So the a couple days ago, Sunday to be precise, I plugged my phone in my computer for a good charging. My girlfriend and I decide that we want something to eat so we leave and I forget my phone. So when we get back home I go to unplug my phone and I do it, without thinking, ejecting it. Now, I know that you can unplug it without ejecting, but this is my first time doing it. I noticed my screen flicker, so I do a restart (power+home) but I let go of the buttons to early and the screen went white for a second and turned to black. Now it doesn't turn on! I get no screen at all! I thought if I wait for it to die I might be able to charge it back to life. If I plug it in to the computer it doesn't notice my iPod for a few minutes, then it will pop up on iTunes. I tried to restore once it connected to iTunes, but it keeps randomly disconnecting in the middle of the restore. If I just leave it alone without trying to restore it STILL disconnects. Please someone help!

Anyone have any suggestions? It's been three days and still nothing...
    Last edited by Onemajorflaw; 2009-06-03 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-03 07:48 PM
    Try putting in DFU mode and do a restore.
    2009-06-03 08:24 PM
    ^ +1, try that and if that doesn't work than its gone forever
    2009-06-03 08:29 PM
    Ah, boo... I hope not. My girlfriend's iPhone just broke aswell and I was holding out for the new one so she could have my old one... This doesn't help.

My iPhone keeps disconnecting from iTunes everytime I restore, what am I suppose to do about that?
    Last edited by Onemajorflaw; 2009-06-03 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-03 10:18 PM
    Are you in DFU mode?
    2009-06-03 10:30 PM
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that itís in restore mode.

Alternative Method:

Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.

Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.

Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.
    2009-06-03 10:58 PM
    I'm at work right now, so I haven't got the chance. But before when I was trying to restore it (via iTunes, not a force restore) it would just disconnect.
    2009-06-03 11:10 PM
    I'm at work right now, so I haven't got the chance. But before when I was trying to restore it (via iTunes, not a force restore) it would just disconnect.
    DFU mode, it'll cure it.
    2009-06-03 11:29 PM
    My screen doesn't come on at all.. There are also no sounds being made. People call my phone and it rings until my voicemail gets it. My phone doesn't ring, vibrate, or anything. I haven't tried holding the home button and then plugging it into my computer, I'll try that when I get home.
    2009-06-03 11:49 PM
    ^ DFU mode should solve your problems
    2009-06-03 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD