View Poll Results: Should you be able to send SMS messages to multiple recipients?

Voters
355. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Apple screwed up big time on this one...

347 97.75%
  • I don't use SMS.

8 2.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Anyone out there have a program so I can send SMS messages to multiple recipients with the iPhone? I cannot believe that iphone doesn't support it. It's a basic phone feature that every phone has.
    2007-09-21 07:16 AM
    and soon threaded sms will be a basic feature as well =)
    i don't think apple screwed up big time, i think they are working on a better implementation of this capability.
    Best Regards
    2007-09-21 07:28 AM
    The most important feature missing is SMS/character count and concatenated messages... SMS has a limit of 190 characters, if you exceed that limit you're paying for 2, 3, 4,... sms without knowing unless you count the characters by hand...
    2007-09-21 08:47 AM
    The most important feature missing is SMS/character count and concatenated messages... SMS has a limit of 190 characters, if you exceed that limit you're paying for 2, 3, 4,... sms without knowing unless you count the characters by hand...
    thats what unlimited text messaging is for =)
    2007-09-21 03:58 PM
    when ichat comes ... this is all gonna go away
    the new iChat will be able to send online msg to buddies if they r online, sms otherwise. Just like what Messenger Live does.
    Best Regards
    2007-09-21 05:29 PM
    The one primitive thing I liked about non-Iphones was the ability to save a specific text. In the "conversation" style of SMS on the Iphone, you're not really at liberty to target one certain message to use and later forward on if need be or just have as a reference.

Prolly alone in this boat and just have to deal with it I suppose.
    "Mark it Zero"

Walter
    2007-09-21 05:40 PM
    Why is apple always 'screwing up big' I think then done an amazing job with this phone. Sure they've left some stuff out but look what they've accomplished.
    2007-09-21 06:13 PM
    WHY CAN'T I FORWARD MY TEXTS!!! I HATE RETYPING!!! I hope they fix both of these things in the next firmware
    2007-09-21 06:31 PM
    WHY CAN'T I FORWARD MY TEXTS!!! I HATE RETYPING!!! I hope they fix both of these things in the next firmware
    To stop that damn spam that you get from all your friends because there mom will die if they don't forward it to 100 friends.
    2007-09-22 12:35 AM
    To stop that damn spam that you get from all your friends because there mom will die if they don't forward it to 100 friends.
    Sarcasm aside..honestly, why did apple put out an sms package that can't do this. Nor can it receive pictures or video. These are simple functions that have been on "cheap" phones for years. Disappointing.
    2007-09-24 05:11 PM
    the lack of multimedia messaging does suck....but I actually do like the sms messaging on the phone...since its like iChat on my mac
    2007-09-25 04:37 AM
    when ichat comes ... this is all gonna go away
    the new iChat will be able to send online msg to buddies if they r online, sms otherwise. Just like what Messenger Live does.
    A. iChat is out (two of them)

B. How does this solve multiple recipients?

C. How do you know what apple will include in a rumored piece of software? It may be an obvious feature to you, but multiple SMS was an obvious feature that we didnt get.
    Last edited by darngooddesign; 2007-09-25 at 06:35 PM.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.
    2007-09-25 06:31 PM
    A. iChat is out (two of them)

B. How does this solve multiple recipients?

C. How do you know what apple will include in a rumored piece of software? It may be an obvious feature to you, but multiple SMS was an obvious feature that we didnt get.

well "iChat" isn't out....
    2007-09-25 06:51 PM
    was threaded sms an obvious feature?
    Best Regards
    2007-09-25 06:53 PM
    dont use ichat at all... its boring.. and old

use Apollo IM 1.0....supports MSN, AIM, ICQ, .MAC (YAHOO SOON)
    2007-09-26 03:40 AM
    What's Apple's incentive for giving us iChat? If a chat doesn't count against SMS totals (for users without unlimited SMS), then AT&T is losing money on SMS, which means Apple loses on their cut of the AT&T billables.
    I'm so glad I don't have to meet The Internet People.
    2007-09-27 08:07 AM
    Yes, Apple screwed up big time on this one...
     Think Different
    2007-09-30 12:31 AM
    agreed no multi sms..what a joke,im even thinking of selling my iphone cos i cant do this...someone write a proggy to fix it lol
    2007-10-04 06:27 PM
    I too am in need of ability to send one SMS to multiple recipients... I have 20 employees, can you imagine retyping 20 times that there is a meeting at 4pm... ) Used it all the time on my previous phones.
    2007-10-08 08:09 AM
    Anyone out there have a program so I can send SMS messages to multiple recipients with the iPhone? I cannot believe that iphone doesn't support it. It's a basic phone feature that every phone has.
    Checkout aSMS written by iunknown. v1 is a bit rough, but I'm sure that the app will become more and more user friendly with time.

Yes, Apple screwed up big time on this one...
    I think that the problem has more to do with the fact that Apple was pressed for time when they released the iPhone and didn't focus much energy/time on the dev of the SMS.app. Shame though, since SMS for many us are much more important than Apple would lead one to believe.
    Last edited by Snowbird; 2007-10-10 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-09 08:42 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD