Well I tried searching for other people with my scenario with the iphone, but nothing came up except other scenarios. Basically I was playing Sims 3 on my Iphone 2g 2.2 when it said 20% battery left, so I plugged it into my wall charger and continued playing. After roughly, 3 mins my iphone shut off completely. I panicked a little so I just let it stay plugged in. The next morning when I was taking it out it wouldn't turn on until I unplugged it. When I turned it on I saw that the battery life was at 10%. So then when I got home again as soon as I plugged my iphone into my computer or wall charger, it kept turning off. It wouldn't turn on while it was plugged in it would just stay as a black screen. The only way for me to turn it on was to unplug it from my computer or wall charger... so ya it's currently still not charging and at 10% :/ so yeah...can anyone help me? D:
    2009-06-11 12:54 AM
    Mine does that every time I let it get below 20%. There's no way to charge it until I hook it up to iTunes. Then it charges normally. The first time it happened there was actually a message saying to hook it to iTunes. Once there it didn't recognize the phone for a bit. I think this must be a problem as I can't imagine being out on the road and having to hook up to iTunes everytime you ran the battery down. I'm going to call Rogers about it.
    2009-06-11 04:00 AM
    Well I tried searching for other people with my scenario with the iphone, but nothing came up except other scenarios. Basically I was playing Sims 3 on my Iphone 2g 2.2 when it said 20% battery left, so I plugged it into my wall charger and continued playing. After roughly, 3 mins my iphone shut off completely. I panicked a little so I just let it stay plugged in. The next morning when I was taking it out it wouldn't turn on until I unplugged it. When I turned it on I saw that the battery life was at 10%. So then when I got home again as soon as I plugged my iphone into my computer or wall charger, it kept turning off. It wouldn't turn on while it was plugged in it would just stay as a black screen. The only way for me to turn it on was to unplug it from my computer or wall charger... so ya it's currently still not charging and at 10% :/ so yeah...can anyone help me? D:
    There are tons of reasons both software and hardware as to why it wouldnt be charging.

Mine does that every time I let it get below 20%. There's no way to charge it until I hook it up to iTunes. Then it charges normally. The first time it happened there was actually a message saying to hook it to iTunes. Once there it didn't recognize the phone for a bit. I think this must be a problem as I can't imagine being out on the road and having to hook up to iTunes everytime you ran the battery down. I'm going to call Rogers about it.
    I would prolly try a restore.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-06-11 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-11 04:17 AM
    Tried a restore with no luck.
    2009-06-11 04:28 AM
    Oh :/ well even if I open it with itunes, my iphone REFUSES to turn on if there's an electrical outlet going to it>_<
    2009-06-11 07:03 AM
    I called Rogers about it and they want me to do about 10 different resets before they'll replace it. Have to reset it to new phone stats and re-intstall my programs. They said that it has to be documented by them that I did all these things or I'll end up paying for the new phone if it's returned. No chance of upgrading either.
    2009-06-13 04:26 AM
    :/ I think ima just change the battery ><
    2009-06-13 05:02 AM
    After reading stories about this on the web, the problem seems to be that the battery charge display gets stuck. They say if you keep it plugged in for an hour or so, then do a hard reset (both buttons pressed until you see the apple), the meter will read properly. Haven't tried it yet, but I'll run mine down and see if it works.
    2009-06-13 05:17 AM
    i CAN'T even do that as soon as I put it into any electricity outlet it turns off completely .__. i can't even turn it on at all
    2009-06-13 06:42 AM
    Must be a different problem than mine.
    2009-06-13 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD