Hello all,

I really need your help on my Iphone 2g. I just bought it recently and try to reset it since there are a lot of information from previous owner and now the phone keeps restarting.

I haven't got any back up yet and I tried to follow up some suggestions on the internet but it doesn't work.

I think the phone is unlock and jailbreak for T-mobile so is there anyway I can load the OS for it and how to do it.

Please help, I'm really appreciate that.

Thanks.
    2009-06-16 06:40 PM
    You will have to restore it and then re-jailbreak it if you choose.
    Here's is a guide.
    2009-06-16 06:44 PM
    Can you please more specific about how to do it? Your guide isn't clear step by step on how to do it. Also, I'm using Windows PC not Mac.

Thanks.
    2009-06-16 06:55 PM
    It is a tree menu, just follow it (with the cursor) and then click on the appropriate box and it will give you complete instructions, pics, step by step instructions as well as the files you will need.
    Couldn't be much clearer.
    2009-06-16 07:03 PM
    Thank you very much. However, iTunes can't see the device after I plugged it in. Is there another way to connect to the Iphone to do restore that you know?
    2009-06-16 07:47 PM
    put it in DFU mode and you'll be good to go.
    Here's a video that will help you since you had a problem with the tree menu.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROKCfzezGXw&feature=channel_page]YouTube - How To Set Your iPhone / iPod Touch In To DFU Mode And Unbrick Your Device[/ame]
    2009-06-16 09:21 PM
    Thank you very much. It helps a lot and I'm able to get it work now.

One more question that do I have to unlock or jailbreak the phone before I can use for T-Mobile or the firmware 2.2.1 include unlocked already.

Do you know how to unlock or jailbreak the phone?

Once again, thank you very much.

Hello all again,

I got the restore firmware completed; however, when I tried to use QuickPwn to do unlock and it said "Firmware error string".

Do you know which firmware is good for download?

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2009-06-17 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-17 05:41 PM
    Perhaps you should wait till Friday, The new Apple release of 3.0 is out and the jailbreak and unlock will be released Friday.
    Otherwise use the link in my first post to jailbreak and unlock.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-06-17 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-17 08:53 PM
    I finally got it now. I have to use firmware 2.1 instead of the other firmware.

Thank you very much.
    2009-06-18 06:50 AM
    I finally got it now. I have to use firmware 2.1 instead of the other firmware.

Thank you very much.
    Wow, that's weird. Really glad you solved your problem.
    2009-06-18 06:55 AM
    Yes. That's really weird because after I restored firmware 2.1 and then upgrade it to newest version of 2.2.1 then I couldn't unlock it. I have to downgrade back to version 2.1 then everything is okay. I have to use 2.1 firmware for now.

Thanks.
    2009-06-18 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD