so today when i got home from work i unjailbroke my iphone 3g. then updated to 3.0.....

when my phone was jailbroked i had categories and had a bunch of apps in there. i also had some hidden with poof from cydia. now that i am using an unjailbroken 3.0 firmware, some of my apps that were hidden or in a category are gone. if i go in to the app store and try to redownload them it tells me that they are already installed.

does anybody know how to fix this??

i feel like i still have settings left over from the jailbroken firmware even though it was restored. for example, when i had my phone jailbroken i changed the time at the top to say mifone instead of the time and now that i restored and updated it, it's still there.
    2009-06-18 04:27 AM
    Hi there, the reason for the missing apps is that you didn't un-hide them from categories folders and un poofed the other apps. And when you installed 3.0 you then did a restore from a previous backup! This then broken the Jailbreak and the apps have disappeared but they are hidden! I did the same thing as i forgot to unhide all my apps! Doh! I've ended up just doing a clean install which is always really the best thing to do as other users on the forum suggest to!

Oh your custom name is shows up as the backup saves these settings and therefore when you restored it has appeared! This happened to me with my Carrier name! If you want to get rid either do a clean install or i think when the Jailreak is available you maybe able to change it then!

Hope this helps!
    2009-06-18 04:53 AM
    go int settings general and do a reset.
    2009-06-18 05:19 AM
    go to seetings then general then restrictions enable the restrictions and then disable the restrictions and that should bring back your icons for your apps!
    2009-06-18 07:32 AM
    holy **** that worked!! yay
    2009-06-18 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD