I have Vista with latest updates, I just got the 3.0 update to iPhone, and tried to tether. Vista - after attempting a pairing, tried to install 'device drivers' (it did the pairing/key share ok), which failed. It suggested browsing to find the device drivers - but I couldn't find anything..

Can anyone suggest something? I am on tmobile with a factory unlocked iphone.
    2009-06-18 03:31 PM
    come on I know we are not the only ones with this problem.
    2009-06-18 04:53 PM
    Im having the same problem in Windows 7, teathering works over USB however. Cant figure out why,
    2009-06-18 09:04 PM
    Same problem and having trouble finding a solution on the internets.
    2009-06-21 12:05 AM
    This really pisses me off. I am having the same problem. I have started a case with Apple Support. They will be calling me today. I doubt they'll help me because I searched all over Apple's site and there is NOTHING about this. I don't get it. My iPhone 3G worked flawlessly with my Vista. Now that I have the 3G S it cannot pair. Doesn't make any bit of sense. I'll post my findings when I get the call from Apple. Or hopefully maybe someone else can help us out.........

I found the solution without the need for Apple to call me. Apparently it IS located on Apple's own Support website in a seemingly well hidden knowledge base thread (well, maybe not so hidden lol). I have successfully gotten internet tethering to work on Windows Vista through my bluetooth connection!!! YAY! ^^

Here is the link to help anyone out that needs it:
    iPhone: Troubleshooting Internet tethering

I hope this helps you out. It had me stumped since I was able to tether with USB only. I think Apple allows this to be posted because other territories aside from the USA are allowing internet tethering ahead of the USA. So,happy tehtering guys.
    Last edited by kiddoko; 2009-06-24 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Big kid playing with iPhone! Learning as I go...
    2009-06-24 12:16 PM
    I have found the following thread useful too for solving this issue:

Apple - Support - Discussions - Windows Vista claims for "Bluetooth ...

..Roger
    2009-06-24 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD