Hey guys i just got the iphone 3.0 and my uncle who has same phone claims he has a battery indicator in percentage and im a bit jealous. Now i googled it and it said theirs a setting in General>Useage and its right there...its not there for me now i already restore hoping to fix it but still nothing. Any advice?
    2009-06-18 09:51 PM
    I think it is something to do with jailbreaking your iPhone and not starting it as fresh iPhone when you install 3.0. I have the percentage by the battery, I think it is because if you had numeric battery and you restored your iphone from a backup with numeric battery your should have the percentage by the battery.There was also another addon thing in sbbsettings called numeric gsm(the signal strengh) and numeric wifi I still have these jailbroken addons in 3.0.
    Last edited by chrizzyj; 2009-06-18 at 10:16 PM.
    2009-06-18 10:12 PM
    oh alright thanks i had a feeling it was something like that
    2009-06-19 04:18 AM
    Yup. Only the 3G S will be getting the numeric battery unless you jailbroke your 3G before the 3.0 upgrade and installed the numeric battery.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.
    2009-06-19 04:47 AM
    Yup. Only the 3G S will be getting the numeric battery unless you jailbroke your 3G before the 3.0 upgrade and installed the numeric battery.
    I did this, and I have the percentage next to the battery.
    I also still have my custom carrier text.

Unfortunately, all of the apps that I had on the SBSettings Dock are hidden now, and I don't know how to get them back.
    Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
    -- Douglas Adams
    2009-06-19 05:10 AM
    To have the battery percentage you need to;

-Have your device on 2.x, and jailbreak etc.
    -Enable Numerical battery with SBSettings
    -Shift+Update (windows) to 3.0
    -When your prompted to backup, DO IT!
    -Your iPhone will start doing the whole updating thing,
    -Once its done, you need to choose, RESTORE FROM BACKUP
    -Then once finished, you should have the battery percentage

Hope this helps.

Where you went wrong before, was that you had to restore to the backup (that previously had 2.x firmware with the battery percentage enabled)
    I answered this like a minute ago in another thread haha, thought i would just sum it up!
    2009-06-19 02:00 PM
    I have my 3G S and still no percentage.
    2009-06-19 02:13 PM
    I have my 3G S and still no percentage.
    Apple's website mentions the percentage and at the end of the sentence says "(3G S only)".

Look in your settings.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.
    2009-06-19 03:42 PM
    It's in Settings -> General -> Usage -> Battery Percentage
    (on my new 3GS)
    2009-06-19 06:01 PM
    i got a old 3G iphone never JB before and just upgraded to 3.0 OS and the battery % indicator is beside the battery icon.. strange
    2009-06-19 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD