ok, don't flame me yet but, when i used to sync my blackberries with my computer, there was an option that if there was a "conflict" between the blackberry and the computer's address book that it would ask which "device" had priority...

for example (not to insult anyone's intelligence)... lets say you sync via iTunes and now your iPhone's address book and your computer's address book are identical... well, now you "delete" a contact from your iPhone, the next time you sync with iTunes, a pop-up will ask you if you also want to delete the contact from your COMPUTER'S address book...

well, my problem is, i had quite a few duplicate contacts due to the SIM import (which sucks) so i went through my iPhone and deleted the duplicates and ended up changing around the format that they were displayed (in the military, i added co-worker's ranks)... after i synced with iTunes, ALL the contacts i deleted popped back up on the iPhone...

sorry for the LOOONG explanation but, does anyone have any idea how to have the iPhone's address book take priority over the computer's address book...

thank you in advance!!!
    2009-06-19 10:15 AM
    not sure if that's possible, but address book has a menu item cards -> look for duplicates, that does a pretty good job of merging duplicate items together.
    2009-06-20 10:04 PM
    not sure if that's possible, but address book has a menu item cards -> look for duplicates, that does a pretty good job of merging duplicate items together.
    i tried that duplicate thing in address book but, it doesn't work...

it only looks for "exact" duplicates, and not necessarily the same phone number duplicates...

wow, i'm actually surprised it doesn't work...
    2009-06-21 02:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD