Hey all,

Everytime I reformat my PC and reinstall iTunes, I'm asked to authorise my PC. According to iTunes I've now authorised 4 out my 5 allowed PCs, yet I've only ever used iTunes or my iPhone on this PC. Why is it doing this? Am I meant to deauthorise them before I uninstall?

Cheers!
    2009-06-22 12:16 AM
    If you want to be absolutely safe, just deauthorize everything and then reauthorize just that computer...
    2009-06-22 12:49 AM
    If you want to be absolutely safe, just deauthorize everything and then reauthorize just that computer...
    But like I say, I've only ever authorised this computer. It just seems that iTunes thinks it's a different PC every time I format!

How can I reset my authorisations?
    2009-06-22 01:00 AM
    But like I say, I've only ever authorised this computer. It just seems that iTunes thinks it's a different PC every time I format!

How can I reset my authorisations?
    Yes, if you format or reinstall windows, you are essentially authorizing about computer. That is normal. I hit my limit of 5 once and then erased them all. This is normal.

This can be done by going into itunes, click on the itunes store, then hit your email address in the top right corner to log into your account settings. From there you can deauthorize ALL computers, then just reauthorize the one you are using.

Its simple
    2009-06-22 02:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD