yeah, i did it. I had it on my lap and i got out of the car and it fell right onto my driveway. The front is pretty much okay except for a tiny chip at the bottom right. The back got a few pretty deep gashes on it. I was pretty depressed for about an hour afterwards. So, am i the first to actually drop it? Any ideas for getting an exchange sometime soon? I'm thinking about going to an apple store once they become more available, letting the battery die, and saying the battery dies way too fast.
    2009-06-22 06:28 PM
    Soooo....because of your own negligence, you're going to scam Apple?
    2009-06-22 06:43 PM
    Yeah that sux for sure....

But dont expect Apple to pay for your mistake.
    2009-06-22 06:46 PM
    way to bring the sunshine in here jenn!

i did just pay $200 for a new phone, i understand it was absolutely my fault for being so careless, but that doesn't mean i'm not going to try and get a new one. If i did "scam" them in your terms, they'd end up making my phone into a refurb or something. Any other ideas to find a way to use my limited one year warrenty to get a new one eventually?
    2009-06-22 06:49 PM
    sorry to hear that but that idea is not going to work..they will laugh and send you home
    2009-06-22 06:53 PM
    Its not "scamming them in my terms"....its just plain scamming them. Your making up a problem to get a new phone.

Now if there is a legit problem thats one thing......

Anyways, not gonna turn this into a combative, flame thread. But its highly doubtful your gonna find help on the subject here.

Again...that totally sux, but for now ur just gonna have to suck it up.
    2009-06-22 06:53 PM
    yeah, i was about to say this thread is heading towards that, so i guess keep it on topic and post if you dropped it so i don't feel as horrible.
    2009-06-22 06:54 PM
    microwave it for 2 seconds, friend of mine did that and they replaced it without any questions
    2009-06-22 06:56 PM
    My fiance dropped her 1 week old 3g getting out of the car, shattered the screen.

I had to replace the glass/digitizer for her
    2009-06-22 06:56 PM
    ouch, i'm assuming it's possible to buy the back white part of the iphone and replace that myself, eh?
    2009-06-22 07:01 PM
    ^Yeah you could. It may be a bit before they are out for the 3Gs, but you can get oem 2g or 3g....so im sure they will become available.

Or....toss a case on it for now. Might help protect in case of another spill
    2009-06-22 07:03 PM
    that's my current plan till i either get a new one or change this back housing. thanks.
    2009-06-22 07:09 PM
    way to bring the sunshine in here jenn!

i did just pay $200 for a new phone, i understand it was absolutely my fault for being so careless, but that doesn't mean i'm not going to try and get a new one. If i did "scam" them in your terms, they'd end up making my phone into a refurb or something. Any other ideas to find a way to use my limited one year warrenty to get a new one eventually?
    I'm just a bright ray of yellow, aren't I?
    2009-06-22 07:11 PM
    Soooo....because of your own negligence, you're going to scam Apple?
    Yeah, that's pretty f'ed up. I'm all for trading your phone in for little problems that weren't your fault, but don't really bother you, to get a new phone, but don't make up lies or cause more damage to your phone for a new one. Apple is a company and needs to make money, too. I was depressed for a while after I dropped my first 3G, but it was my fault so I dealt with it.

Don't get offended by what I said. I just think it's wrong to scam anyone. Wait a few months and look for dead pixels, dust under the screen, etc. and then take it into Apple and swap it out the legit way.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.
    2009-06-23 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD