Well, have had the new 3Gs for an entire weekend and and started having a problem today. Starting earlier today, whenever I try to sync my iphone I get the "The iPhone 'Keith's iPhone' cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (13019)." Doing a search on Google led me to a bunch of posts that say to fix this problem you need to go into itunes and uncheck everything (music, movies, podcasts, etc..) from syncing. Clear the phone off basically. Once that is done go back and add everything back on and sync it. That should solve the problem.

Evidently not in my case. I have done that and still get the error. I even tried restoring a backup from earlier. One thing I do notice is that even though I have not synced my music back over to the phone, all the music is still listed in my ipod app. As if it were still on the phone. I can browse album and artists just like everything was still there. Of course once you click on it, it acts like it is going to play and then returns to the previous screen.

Any thoughts? I am in the process of downloading the iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw file from Apple. If no one else has any better suggestions I may have to resort to doing a shift + restore and re-installing the OS.

edit: by the way, this phone is not jailbroken, unlocked, or modified in any way.

UPDATE: Well, I went ahead and did a full restore using the downloaded ipsw. So far so good. I have synced everything back over except for my music and have not seen the error again. I then synced just a couple of albums and still no error. Now I am trying to sync the rest of my stuff back over. Hopefully I will not see the error message any more.
    Last edited by keiffer6; 2009-06-22 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-22 09:33 PM
    ya i was having the same problem once i updated to 3.0 on my jailbroke iPhone 3G, i unchecked the include voice memos box under the music tab in itunes and it seems to be synchronizing just fine, i just put 7 GBs worth of music on there without a problem, hope this helps, peace!
    2009-06-23 05:04 PM
    for me i just turned off genious
    2009-06-23 05:13 PM
    for me i just turned off genious
    haha...
    2009-06-23 05:32 PM
    Hi there,

I had the same error and tried every solution posted in the apple forums, the modmyi forums, etc... nothing worked... I unclicked every checked option including notes and apps, music, videos, podcasts... I unchecked the voicememo options since a minority said that worked for them when nothing else did but that didn't do it either. After a lot of frustration, I decided to downgrade itunes and figured that'd be a lot of work so i didn't. Instead, I decided to restore setup as a NEW DEVICE... When I re-downloaded 3.0 and installed it. It gave that option to setup from backup or as a new device. I looked at it and thought, I want to keep my sms log etc, in addition to the pain in the rear that comes with setting up as a new phone. So finally, I decided to set up from backup and I thought if it doesn't work, I'll just restore again and set up as a NEW DEVICE. BUT IT WORKED....

So my advice is to restore and setup from back up FIRST, then as a new device if the earlier option didn't work out...

Best wishes

My reply is regarding the NEWEST iTunes version just released on the 16th of July....

Abe
    Last edited by aboudiiiiii; 2009-07-19 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-19 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD