Before the release of the 3.0 software I had a jailbroken 2.2.1 3G. I used categories to store some of my apps for organization. At the release of the 3.0 software I forgot to uninstall all my jailbroken things. When I upgraded my 3G the apps arent there and my carrier symbol is custom from MIM. I received me 3G S on Friday morning. I didnt open it until Saturday night due to scheduled events. When I synced my 3G S with itunes and used my restore file from my 3G the same was there without those apps. How can I get everything back to normal without starting from scratch on my 3G S?
    I was thinking if i backup my 3G S and then restore that new file onto my 3G, then jailbreak my 3G and uninstall things and take apps out of the folders then save that restore file to then restore my 3G S if everything will be fine?

Thanks in advance
    2009-06-22 07:56 PM
    go int settings/general/restrictions/ enable and than disable. should fix it. Good luck
    2009-06-22 09:00 PM
    Thanks! That worked with the apps, but what about my carrier? It has my girlfriends name there but nothings ever permanent so I don't want it there. Anyway to fix that?
    2009-06-22 09:28 PM
    MakeItMine in Cydia
    2009-06-22 09:33 PM
    Lord, if you make him walk around for the next year with his soon to be ex girlfriends name on top of his iPhone I swear I won't bug you this Xmas for those hooters girls.
    2009-06-22 09:35 PM
    Yes I know make it mine in cydia but can I jailbreak it undo the carrier, make a backup and then restore it onto my 3G S?
    2009-06-22 09:38 PM
    Lord, if you make him walk around for the next year with his soon to be ex girlfriends name on top of his iPhone I swear I won't bug you this Xmas for those hooters girls.
    2009-06-22 09:38 PM
    Seeing that its not a soon to be ex-girlfriend the laughing doesnt help. Yes, its funny but it doesnt help at this point.

Edit-
    I was able to fix it by jailbreaking my 3G with the most current restore file then creating a new restore file and making my 3G S restore from that file
    Last edited by dirtbmxer; 2009-06-23 at 12:08 AM.
    2009-06-22 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD