Whenever I respring my iphone (Firmware 3.0), such as after I apply a theme, the touchscreen stops working. I have to force reboot it (holding the sleep/lock button and the home button together for 10 seconds) for the touch screen to start working. Is this a software glitch or just my iphone's touchscreen to wearing off?
    2009-06-23 01:14 AM
    If it was hardware...then rebooting wouldnt fix it.

Its a software glitch. You can try reinstalling Winterboard and/or restoring the phone.
    2009-06-23 01:16 AM
    thx..ill try that
    2009-06-24 12:23 AM
    I was a beta tester of 3.0 for a while. I had a problem where the touchscreen would lock up until i pressed the lock button and then home and slide. Now i have the commercial release and it's still happening, although not nearly as frequently. I have not unlocked or jail-broken this phone so winterboard is not a factor. Is anyone else having this problem?
    2009-06-24 09:32 PM
    Hi all yes im having the same issue. i have a feeling the touchscreen drivers are getting corrupted by one of the apps i recently added but not sure which one.

also I have my 3g jail broken.
    Last edited by surfsand; 2009-07-03 at 01:43 AM.
    2009-07-03 01:41 AM
    The same thing happened to me. It was shortly after i installed Supreme Preferences 3.0 then uninstalled it after realizing how pointless it was. I then installed StatusNotifier, which caused my Winterboard to stop working. It was at this time that every so often my lock screen would become insensitive to any touch gestures. Even holding down the lock button to get the top "shut down" bar would not work. I was forced to hold down the lock and home button to restart it. Cydia also started screwing up on me around this time (it would crash unexpectedly) so I decided to just do a complete restore.

Hopefully this helps diagnose why this is happening to us.
    2009-08-07 06:01 AM
    I have Iblank installed and think that it's what has been causing my problems because once I deleated all the blank spots the problem went away.

Worked for me
    2009-08-10 05:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD