I have some composite av cables that worked fine with iphone 2.2.1 firmware. Now I updated to 3.0 and cannot get them to work. It comes up saying "this accessory is not supported with iphone" Also I get a message saying "to reduce audio interfence, put phone in airplane mode"

Does anyone have this problem or have a solution. The cables are 3rd party and not apple but it worked fine with the 2.2.1 firmware.

Thanks.
    2009-06-23 02:36 AM
    Same problem here, as I was on 2.2.1 version all working fine now that I have update to 3.0 no image been displayed only sound its says put to offline mode,and not compatible accessories, is there a way to make this cable work like before on the 3.0 firmware?
    2009-07-01 06:04 PM
    Same problem, but mine shows up in grey and doubled.
    2009-07-02 03:11 PM
    I went from 2.2.1 to a new 3gs, and got the same error. Apple told me it was because they made changes to the dock connector on the 3gs, but if the 3G phones are having same problems I don't know...knowing Apple though, they probably made a change so that you had to buy their stuff to work with it.

Exactly how much crap does apple have to pull before they get recognized for monopoly? I mean, only buy apps from our store, and we decide which ones get approved, only buy our accessories or we'll update software so nothing else will work.
    2009-07-02 03:36 PM
    This is not monopoly since you are given a choice. You can take other phones. But if you are into apple for one time then they will make you get apple for all the time. So, now you can call it racism in technology.
    no signature links....thanks
    2009-07-02 08:29 PM
    i was buying a composite av cable on ebay and the seller told me that it might not work because it wasnt "chipped" he said that he has heard that apple had put micro chips in their cables making non apple cables not work.
    2009-07-03 06:58 PM
    Hi ppl,

I have come across this prob as well. What apple have done on the sly with the 3.0 software is to reduce the use of 3rd party cables and make you buy their own cable is, put a chip in the cable that makes the iphone recognise the Apple Composite AV Cable to allow the video to be sent to your TV.

Very annoying and cheeky!
    2009-07-24 09:56 AM
    I bought these cheap AV cables from DX DealExtreme: $7.50 Premium Plated AV+USB Cable with Authentication Chip for iPhone 3G 2.2 /iPhone/iPod

They used to work fine on 2.2.1, but the 3.0 update messed it all up.

People have mentioned patching the iapd file and setting the permissions, but this doesn't seem to be a valid FIX, because the video playback pauses every few seconds. The patch seems to disable the annoying popup messages though.

Can anyone more experienced with patching and software help us all out with this problem?
    2009-07-30 10:51 PM
    Looks liek no one has come up with an answer for this problem. I just received my new 3gs and am having re same problem with the Apple AV cables. So much for buying Apple products to match the phones system
    2009-08-14 03:11 PM
    Hey guys, Looks like our Chinese brothers over in Asia did the work for us.

After much frustration with 3.0 messing up my iPhone 3G's DX cables (which worked fine on 2.2.1), I decided to go looking on eBay.

I bought one that was labeled both "ORIGINAL" and "iPHONE 3GS" from Hong Kong for $19.99 shipped! Although it says "original," I'm a bit doubtful of that, I really don't think it's OEM. That said, and most importantly, the cables WORK!!! Also, the build-quality is quite nice! I doubt the casual observer would even notice they're not real.

In my opinion, $19.99 & a week or two of waiting beats paying Apple $50 for some damn cables just so we can listen/watch
    OUR music/movies in the way we want to!!

Oh yeah a few tips:

• They do not come with a charger.

• None of that pretty packaging you'd get from Apple (no box, mine came in a bubble wrapped envelope)

• Be careful not to confuse COMPONENT (Red, Green, Blue + Red, White) with COMPOSITE outputs
      (Red, White, Yellow)
    Last edited by JohnnyGlock; 2009-08-24 at 08:07 PM.
    2009-08-24 07:05 PM
    @JonnyGlock

Been looking for an answer for this. Just bought on Ebay - we'll see if works with 3.1.2. I got one that said geniune as opposed to original as the seller had thousands of feedback as opposed to none.

We'll see.
    I thought my carrier was bad til I got a new web host
    2009-10-27 09:05 PM
    i remember there being a tute on youtube that teaches you to alter a file in the iphone and thus you can use any cable

i forgot what video it is, try looking for it on youtube
    2011-04-15 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD