Ok, I dropped my phone in the toliet and it works fine but there are 2 problems. My screen does not show up but the phone is on and i can recieve calls and everything but screen doesnt pop up and my second problem is that when i connect my phone wit itunes it doesnt show up but i hear that sound it makes showing that it is charging.

Any suggestions/solutions to my problem?
    2009-06-25 06:24 AM
    Well your LCD is fried along with probably the dock flex cable and honestly there could be several other hardware issues now due to water damage.

But the LCD is obviously toast.
    2009-06-25 06:27 AM
    Well your LCD is fried along with probably the dock flex cable and honestly there could be several other hardware issues now due to water damage.

But the LCD is obviously toast.
    so you dont think it will come back on even if i let it dry for a while? I mean it was in the water for literally 3-4 seconds?
    2009-06-25 06:34 AM
    I seriously doubt it. It should have been turned off immediately and stuffed in a ziplock bad with rice to let dry for a week or so.

It doesnt take very long for water to creep in and all it has to do is touch to fry.
    2009-06-25 06:37 AM
    I seriously doubt it. It should have been turned off immediately and stuffed in a ziplock bad with rice to let dry for a week or so.

It doesnt take very long for water to creep in and all it has to do is touch to fry.
    Do you think if i put it in a bag of rice it will work?
    2009-06-25 06:41 AM
    Its worth a try I guess. But again, I doubt it.
    2009-06-25 06:46 AM
    Its worth a try I guess. But again, I doubt it.
    Thanks for the support lol.
    2009-06-25 06:48 AM
    The truth hurts

The iphone is probably one of the worst devices at taking moisture ever built.
    2009-06-25 06:52 AM
    The truth hurts

Yea and they need to fix that.

and one more thing yea

but the screen turn all black(like a fake black and not a black like its off) and then lines start showing up whenever i press a button or something.
    Last edited by keyinferno ii; 2009-06-25 at 07:11 AM.
    2009-06-25 07:05 AM
    The truth hurts

Seriously, my friends iPod Touch broke because he was using it in the rain.

Yea and they need to fix that.
    I think you're onto something. iPhone 3GSWP? (3G Speed Water Proof edition)
    Last edited by L3G4L1Z3; 2009-06-25 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-25 07:08 AM
    Hi,
    My brother is TheIphoneMD. His website is TheIphoneMD.com but is currently under construction. You can get your LCD replaced for half the cost of taking into a store. He accepts phones by mail and guarantees the work as well as a 24hr turn around. You also have the option of purchasing expedited shipping back to you. I hope this helps! Shoot me an email if your interested.

[email protected]

Marshall Green
    2009-07-03 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD