well, I was browsing detroit.craigslist.org and came across a post, with someone claiming to have already jailbroken the 3GS. He says that he will do it for anyone for $100.00, and that he also has done quite a few, claiming he has 57 references.

what do you guys think? I wanna says its B.S. but hey you pay him after its done. Maybe a scam?

btw, I would post the link to the post but I'm not sure if its allowed here or not.
    useful? hit the thanks button!
    2009-06-25 10:53 AM
    post a link just so we can see please
    2009-06-25 11:07 AM
    link... ★ Unlock / Jailbreak iPhone, 3GS, iPod Touch, EVEN 3.0! ★

here is another... I CAN UNLOCK + JAILBREAK IPHONE FIRMWARE 3.0

and some screen shots in case they get removed...

Jailbroken 3GS in detroit....-3g11.gif

Jailbroken 3GS in detroit....-3g21.gif
    2009-06-25 11:34 AM
    Sounds legit, but then theres the "he's probably trying to rob u for your 3G" thought considering craigslist. LOL
    2009-06-25 11:40 AM
    Ask for a video, I see nothing that specificly states that he jailbroke a 3GS iPhone. You can just as easily create fake apps with the proper png's to boot.
    2009-06-25 11:49 AM
    It's horses**t!! Never pay for something that is supplied free by the mighty Dev-Team, it is out of order when people make money of the back of hardworking people who dont ask for anything in return.

The first link has already been removed, the second wont be far behind.
    2009-06-25 11:56 AM
    As far as I know, at least from the Dev-Team Blog, one can't JB a 3GS. Quote: "PwnageTool will NOT work for the iPhone 3GS."

I'd say it's a bogus deal.
    2009-06-25 11:58 AM
    Absolutely. He is either going to ask you to send him your phone or he will just send you redsn0w, but either way he is conning people with the promise of a 3G[S] jailbreak, which we all know is not possible yet. As you can see from the front page, GeoHotz, the most famous iPhone hacker on the planet only just found an exploit, but not a full jailbreak method as yet.

This guy needs reporting and have this crap taken off craigs list.
    2009-06-25 12:11 PM
    from iphoneunlockuk.com

UPDATE Thurs 25th July 9am: Jailbreak has now been discovered! We're just packaging software into windows and mac executables as we speak - this usually takes a couple of days. Thanks for being patient guys! And we're hope you're pleased we got something to you so quickly ahead of schedule!

they are a very reputable unlock company in the uk - its out there - whos gona be 1st ?
    2009-06-25 12:17 PM
    from iphoneunlockuk.com

UPDATE Thurs 25th July 9am: Jailbreak has now been discovered! We're just packaging software into windows and mac executables as we speak - this usually takes a couple of days. Thanks for being patient guys! And we're hope you're pleased we got something to you so quickly ahead of schedule!

they are a very reputable unlock company in the uk - its out there - whos gona be 1st ?
    Looking over their site... it appears you can buy the unlock/jailbreak software RIGHT NOW that will do the 3GS.

Who's got enough cash to burn to test this for us?

# What procedure would you like? iPhone First Gen Full Software SIM Unlock - 19.99
    iPhone First Gen Full Software SIM Unlock with our Apps Package - 29.99
    iPhone 3G Full Software SIM Unlock - 29.99
    iPhone 3G Full Software SIM Unlock with our Apps Package - 39.99
    Unlock Remotely by Technician - 49.99
    iPhone 3GS Full Network Software Unlocks at version 3.0

iPhone 3GS Full Software 3.0 Unlock - 38.99
    iPhone 3GS Full Software 3.0 Unlock With App Package - 49.97
    Last edited by Azlum; 2009-06-25 at 01:47 PM.
    2009-06-25 01:45 PM
    you cant do it now - it is not up to download - i was told in the next 2 days
    2009-06-25 04:22 PM
    lol, seriously?!

A REPUTABLE COMPANY?

DO YOU FOLLOW THE DEV-TEAMS WORK AT ALL?

Dev-Team Blog - Search results for: jody sanders

There was even a facebook group about that twat and everything.

He openly admitted to stealing the dev-teams work and repackaging it as his own, then selling it on for money.

If the dev-team can't do it yet, neither can he.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-06-25 06:29 PM
    I'm willing to try it but not for $100
    2009-06-25 09:37 PM
    Yeah I remember this tosser, the Dev-Team asked for help in tracking his *** down. He's nothing but a common thief and nobody should be conned into buying freely available software that others sweated over for hours. We in the UK should form a posse and go find this f***er.

For all his sins, even the guy who runs QuickPwn.com doesn't charge for hosting the programs, Jody Sanders is just in need of a good slappin.
    2009-06-25 10:21 PM
    iphoneunlockuk.com, This is BS guys, seen Ads, and he has posted here on our forum. DO NOT waste your money.
    Wait for the Dev Team, they will hook us up.
    2009-06-25 10:26 PM
    from iphoneunlockuk.com

Stunning the cr*p some people come out with, isn't it?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-06-25 10:41 PM
    Well after Reading through alot of the hakintosh thread, it seems that Jody Sanders is in fact a 30yo woman, parasitic *****.
    2009-06-25 10:56 PM
    wow, this went waaay off topic...
    2009-06-25 11:14 PM
    I dont think so. Jody Sanders joined the 'Hate jody Sanders' group and its some middle aged guy (i think) who is from the midlands ish. I tried to find his facebook / the group again but couldn't.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-06-25 11:14 PM
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/f127/44289-5.htm

check out post 49, posted straight from the horses mouth, literally.
    2009-06-25 11:20 PM
23 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD