User Tag List

We just received our 3GS's yesterday, and the first thing I have noticed with the construction of the phone is that the home button doesn't need nor take the same amount of pressure when pressing it to make it activate the home screen. Mostly, you can barely press the left, left-bottom side before you get the home screen to appear. The right, right-top side can be pressed harder and gets the same *click* feel as the 2G I have. There is no *click* to the left, left-bottom side. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Shelly

<3
    2009-06-26 08:02 PM
    Its the same part.

The button is usually stiffer on new phones, and gradually gets "looser" over time.
    2009-06-27 03:51 AM
    I don't agree that it's the same. I noticed EXACTLY the same differences. In fact I have my 2G and my 3GS in front of me now. The difference is slight and yet the old 2G button is at least a million times nicer to use (and seems more dependable).
    2009-08-01 12:44 AM
    me three i didnt want to make a whole thread
    2009-08-01 04:52 AM
    I don't agree that it's the same.
    Well you're wrong. Go to jail, do not pass go nor collect $200.

Both CPJR and I have been in more phones than you'll ever own if you live to be 100 and we are both aware of the pressure sensitive button which is in the MIDDLE of the home button, not on any side in any way - which is the same on all the flex cables. The difference is that on the 2G it mounts solidly onto the frame mount of the phone while on the 3g and 3gs it floats hanging from the screen making the press of the button softer since it never fully compresses into a hard frame and bottoms out.
    2009-08-01 07:11 AM
    Well I'll play my Get Out of Jail Free card since what you're saying is that it is not the same! :P If it's the same part mounted differently then it seems logical that it would explain our experience - NOT the suggestion that buttons losen up over time. Your detail even seems to explain exactly why the button on the 3GS feels different in different places.
    2009-08-01 09:22 AM
    I thought that it was a combination of the 2 pressure connectors to the left of the home button AND the pressing of the home button?

I say this because they have increased the size of the 2 pressure connectors from the display mount side
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-08-01 09:54 AM
    Well you're wrong. Go to jail, do not pass go nor collect $200.

Both CPJR and I have been in more phones than you'll ever own if you live to be 100 and we are both aware of the pressure sensitive button which is in the MIDDLE of the home button, not on any side in any way - which is the same on all the flex cables. The difference is that on the 2G it mounts solidly onto the frame mount of the phone while on the 3g and 3gs it floats hanging from the screen making the press of the button softer since it never fully compresses into a hard frame and bottoms out.
    Can you shed some light on the power button, whys it feel so sunk into the phone on 3Gs as opposed to the 2G? feels almost like its more fragile to break or get pushed/sunk into the phone
    2009-08-01 10:54 AM
    Can you shed some light on the power button, whys it feel so sunk into the phone on 3Gs as opposed to the 2G? feels almost like its more fragile to break or get pushed/sunk into the phone
    all the buttons on my 3gs feel like that
    2009-08-01 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD