Ok, I have a 2G iPhone in 3.0 FW, all functions and apps were working right, including Cydia, Winterboard, iTunes Games, etc, but trying to follow the guide for MMS service on 2G made my phone to stock on the wheel of death (Apple Bootscreen), so now, is my 3rd time trying to restore from itunes, then jailbreak with redsn0w and all I got, is a black screen, no icons, no sounds, no response, if I leave it like that it suddenly will show the apple and the loading spinning wheel, then try to reboot and same thing, nothing on screen and like in 10 mins or less, wheel of death, I already saw a thread from Stealth Bravo abouth RYP (RockYourPhone) that has an application in the desktop client called Recovery Tool aka Anti-Bricker, so here's my question, anyone know how to run this on my iphone so that app could fix it? or anyone knows how to fix this rare problem, like I said, I already try to restore to normal firmware 3.0 (no jailbreak) and then use redsn0w to jailbreak but nothing happens, at the time I was writting this I was doing the 4th with no success, if anyone can help would be appreciated, thanks MMi Community.
    Last edited by Lil Street; 2009-06-30 at 06:29 AM.
    2009-06-30 06:20 AM
    Did u try restoring in DFU mode?
    iPhone 4
    Firmware : iOS4
    Carrier : Softbank (Japan)
    Jailbroken using Jailbreakme
    2009-06-30 06:55 AM
    Yea, in DFU and restore mode (iTunes logo and cable shown on iPhone), but no respond, it stays the same, I'm pretty worried.
    2009-06-30 07:11 AM
    I not sure your actually getting it DFU mode otherwise iTunes would detect you phone so here are some instructions that may help.
    Always set up as "New" phone. Dfu/restore in iTunes/re-jailbreak
    Good luck, if more help is needed just post again. But this will work.

DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it’s in restore mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.
    2009-06-30 07:36 AM
    Hey I try again like you said (although always I restored was as a new iPhone and in DFU and/or Restore mode) and it works, maybe is because in redsn0w instead of ticking Install Cydia and Unlock, I only tick Install Cydia, let it run and well I have my iPhone up and running, sometimes the screen freezes and I have to force power off, but damn something is something, right? Thankz blkcadi, I will post here anything if it crashes again or if the wheel of death appears again, by now it's working ok, thanks again man.
    2009-06-30 08:26 AM
    Hey I try again like you said (although always I restored was as a new iPhone and in DFU and/or Restore mode) and it works, maybe is because in redsn0w instead of ticking Install Cydia and Unlock, I only tick Install Cydia, let it run and well I have my iPhone up and running, sometimes the screen freezes and I have to force power off, but damn something is something, right? Thankz blkcadi, I will post here anything if it crashes again or if the wheel of death appears again, by now it's working ok, thanks again man.
    Occasionally files get corrupted during the jailbreak. It just happens. Always restore as a new phone not from a backup. Bad files could be there that would keep you in this process forever.
    DFU mode and then restore in iTunes as new, jailbreak
    2009-06-30 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD