Why don't they release the JB now? the OS 3.1 is out anyways! the ultrasn0w is blocked on 3.1, they should release the JB so atleast we can JB our iPhone 3GS's!

P.S. we are asking for it again and again cuz we need it! and you have it!
    2009-07-01 09:29 AM
    you should stop being so selfish and read the dev teams blog
    2009-07-01 09:37 AM
    FW 3.1 is not out. It's BETA. Meaning testing...

Quotes from the Dev Team blog:

"You’ve seen us give this warning before, and there are only so many ways to say it or come up with a clever title But here it is: ultrasn0w users must stay away from any firmware updates past 3.0 (including today’s 3.1 beta) until we release the tools that let you update the firmware without updating the baseband. For most phones out there, baseband updates are irreversible and you’ll lose ultrasn0w.

The 3.0 jailbreak was one of those (rare) times where both the jailbreak and the unlock coincided (the only other time was 2.2). It’s important that people realize that *most* firmware releases aren’t like that, and you need to take steps (via the tools) to separate the firmware update from its included baseband update.

This warning does not apply to the iPhone 2G, which uses BootNeuter for the unlock, not ultrasn0w."

"Summary:

We can jailbreak the 3GS right now. But making our jailbreak public at this point in time would benefit relatively few people. It would in fact be detrimental to many more people than it would help. So we feel it’s best to keep our version of the jailbreak out of Apple’s sights for the time being.

Details:

If you already have a 3GS phone and have already done a full USB dump or captured your img3’s signed with your ECID, then you’re in great shape. You will always be able to jailbreak. But many people who plan on getting a 3GS do not yet have one. For instance, many people are waiting for their existing contracts to mature to the point where they get a price break on the 3GS. Many people are trying to sell their 3G before they can buy the 3GS. There are parts of the globe where you can’t even buy a 3GS yet! The reasons are varied, but they are many.

The nature of the 3GS hardware allows Apple to stop IPSWs from being usable unless you’ve already gotten the signed chunks they send to you based on your ECID (a unique chip ID). You cannot get these signed chunks without knowing your ECID, and you don’t know your ECID until you’ve bought your 3GS.

The jailbreak requires at least one signed iBoot-family img3 for your device. And that iBoot needs to have an exploitable bug. It’s an all-or-nothing deal…you either have your signed exploitable iBoot ready to use, for now and forever — always jailbreakable — or you have nothing.

Here’s the critical point, the reason why we’re delaying our version of the jailbreak: Once the jailbreak is out, Apple will fix the iBoot-family bug we use to accomplish it. They will simply stop signing the old iBoots and only sign the fixed ones. If you bought your phone after Apple has done this, there’s nothing you can do…the jailbreak isn’t going to work for you.

It is possible that Apple will find the bug we use without our handing it to them on a silver platter (via a public jailbreak). In that case, we will have delayed our jailbreak for “nothing”. But we’d rather be safe than sorry!

Apple is surely coming out with a 3.0.1 firmware release shortly. They need to fix ultrasn0w. They need to fix some UI issues. 3.0 is buggy and 3.0.1 is coming. We’re going to wait and see what 3.0.1 brings before figuring out the release date for our version of the jailbreak.

In the meantime, we have some remaining 3.0 jailbreak issues to investigate, including push notification. Thanks for being patient with us while we took a 3GS “timeout”!"
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
    2009-07-01 10:20 AM
    the dev team is full of bullsh-t they dont know how to jailbreak the 3gs at this point.
    2009-07-01 11:21 AM
    Yes they do. Their blog says so. It doesn't make sense to release JBing tools fro the 3GS now with 3.1 really close. The fact that it's out in BETA now means that it's not too far away. If they release JB tools now, Apple has the chance to fix the bug that is exploited. Pretty simple.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
    2009-07-01 11:48 AM
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,if i cant say anything nice i wont say nothing at all,,,,,,,,,
    SkiHound ,,, Loves his Iphone,
    2009-07-01 01:26 PM
    First stop saying Anyways. It's wrong and sounds dumb. Anyway. Anyway. No s

second, 3.1 is in beta.

Third you don't NEED anything and they don't OWE you anything so stop being such a brat.

Fourth have some patience. Quality is key otherwise you will have a useless phone. Can't sit still go outside and run around, go sit in a corner and beat it who cares just take a time out and chill.
    2009-07-01 05:10 PM
    I'll say just be patient, why be so selfish and demanding them to release the jailbreak? If they release it and apple fixes their exploits then it'll just ruin it for everyone else. How long did it take for a jailbreak to even exist on the original iphone?
    2009-07-01 07:08 PM
    no0b
    2009-07-01 07:19 PM
    the dev team is full of bullsh-t they dont know how to jailbreak the 3gs at this point.
    WOW... that's all i can say about this post. Funny thing is that people like this are the first ones to start kissing @$$ when the Dev team does release the jailbreak.
    Even if they do not know that doesnt take away the fact that they are working on it! are you? no you are just another "user" like most of the people in the forum who get benefit from their findings as they do this FOR FREE!!! Edit Poseidon: Language.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2009-07-01 at 07:37 PM.
    There're never enough iPhone Mods
    If anything I said helped you, Please press the Thanks! button
    2009-07-01 07:22 PM
    ^ Agreed lol. I hate people who complain. Be happy they even have a jailbreak.
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic
    2009-07-01 07:35 PM
    You're right! The Dev Team has absolutely no idea what they're doing! They're probably just a couple of teenagers sitting in a basement telling people "HEY! Download this random file we just made up. It's gonna unlock your phone wellwedontreallyknowbutwehopeitdoes" and they just keep getting lucky that the random files they post up on the internet actually work and unlock people's phones!
    Last edited by Channan; 2009-07-01 at 07:43 PM.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.
    2009-07-01 07:40 PM
    atleast the 3GS JB is gonna come alot quicker than the 3G JB did. its been less than 2 weeks and they already cracked it.
    2009-07-01 07:53 PM
    wow, why you you even bring yourself to say something like that. the dev team is the reason why the 1st gen and 2nd gen iphones were unlocked and jailbroken. You wouldnt have a jailbreak if it werent for them. You deserve a ban for that selfish comment.
    waiting on my iPhone 6+
    2009-07-01 08:23 PM
    I love all the little not nose punk that come here...
    I want I want I want..

flippin no0bs
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy
    2009-07-01 09:07 PM
    First stop saying Anyways. It's wrong and sounds dumb. Anyway. Anyway. No s

second, 3.1 is in beta.

Third you don't NEED anything and they don't OWE you anything so stop being such a brat.

Fourth have some patience. Quality is key otherwise you will have a useless phone. Can't sit still go outside and run around, go sit in a corner and beat it who cares just take a time out and chill.
    It's hard to correct someone else's grammar when the critic needs to use sentence structure and punctuation correctly.
    2009-07-01 09:38 PM
    Why don't they release the JB now? the OS 3.1 is out anyways! the ultrasn0w is blocked on 3.1, they should release the JB so atleast we can JB our iPhone 3GS's!

P.S. we are asking for it again and again cuz we need it! and you have it!

Omg! 3.1 is out and ultrasn0w is blocked? Where have I been? Oh I see you are referring to a beta that was announced, which you are referring to as a final public release LMAO. Second of all you have no idea if 3.1 will block ultrasn0w. THIRD OF ALL stop trying to talk to the DEV Team through modmyi.com!!!! FOURTH, DONT UPDATE WHEN 3.1 COMES OUT IF YOU ARE SO CONCERNED. How hard is that to figure out? People like you make my brain hurt.

And you can go somewhere. Geo HOT modified 10 lines of code in the Dev Teams 3g Jailbreak and were able to jailbreak the 3GS. BOY THAT WAS TOUGH. Where have YOU been?
    Last edited by seh6183; 2009-07-01 at 09:57 PM.
    2009-07-01 09:54 PM
    Just release the J/B tool! There is no need to wait for 3.1. We all know not to upgrade in till you give us the green light!!
    2009-07-01 10:19 PM
    WOW... that's all i can say about this post. Funny thing is that people like this are the first ones to start kissing @$$ when the Dev team does release the jailbreak.
    Even if they do not know that doesnt take away the fact that they are working on it! are you? no you are just another "user" like most of the people in the forum who get benefit from their findings as they do this FOR FREE!!! Edit Poseidon: Language.
    wow, why you you even bring yourself to say something like that. the dev team is the reason why the 1st gen and 2nd gen iphones were unlocked and jailbroken. You wouldnt have a jailbreak if it werent for them. You deserve a ban for that selfish comment.

**EDIT CPJR- Useless.**
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-07-02 at 11:48 PM.
    2009-07-01 10:29 PM
    **EDIT CPJR- Boo.**

Good luck on this forum.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-07-02 at 11:49 PM.
    2009-07-01 11:08 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD